40-1  Trinity Episcopal Church



maxcy
Trinity Episcopal Church from the front
cem5
The cemetery next to the Church
mark
40-1 Trinity Episcopal Church
Parish organized 1812, original church dedicated 1814; Present Church 1846, in the churchyard lie buried three Wade Hamptons; Thomas Cooper, Educator; Henry Timrod, Poet; W.C. Preston, U.S. Senator; Five governors of S.C.;  Three Mannings, Hampton, and Thompson, soldiers of the Revolutionary Wars, including Colonel Peter Horry, Generals Ellison Capers, John S. Preston, and States Rights Gist.




Return to Historical Marker Index


Columbia Chapter, SCGS
PO Box 11353
Columbia, SC 29211-1353


Designed and Created by Gloria Kubicki as a Service Project for National Beta Club