SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BOWEN posted by Ruth Bloom on Monday, February 1, 1999
- The Horry County census of 1850 lists Gooden Bowen, 55; Mariah, 40; Caroline, 10; John, 9; George, 6. Does anyone have any information about this family?
- BULLOCK, LEWIS posted by Tammy Lewis on Monday, February 1, 1999
- I am trying to trace my family lineage, acquire as much information as possible, and contact extended family members through Horry county. This is what I know: My paternal great-grandparent's names were (I believe) Archibald and Emmaline Lewis. They had nine children, including my grandfather, and their names were Charlie, John, Nathan, Addie, Julia (or Julie), Mary, Carl, Foy, and my grandfather Fernie. I only know of my grandfather's birth date and it was Dec. 12, 1891....he passed away in Dillon in March of 1973. I do not know much about the rest of his family other than my great grandparents had to be born around the 1860's, lived in Horry County, owned land around Loris called "Bankley's Crossroads." or something of the like. Many of their children had children of their own, but I do not have any names on hand except for one.....Foy, had a son named Mack Lewis. My grandfather Fernie's first marriage produced a son named Troy and a daughter, Irene. When his wife died, he married my grandmother, Inez Bullock, in the 1930's and had two sons, Billy (my father) and Lindsey. They settled in Dillon. My grandmother's parent's names were Anna Bullock (b.1895 d.1974...maiden name possibly Scarborough?) and Walch Bullock, birth and death date unknown. Anna and Walch, also from Horry, had five children including my grandmother Inez and their names were OV, Fanny, Shirley, and Hughgee. I believe all lived in and around SC....OV and Hughee have passed according to my memory....Shirley settled in Maryland and Fanny in Florence....everyone having children of their own. I may be able to find more information that I could add here, but in the meantime, if there is anyone who has any information pertaining to this or has any questions, please feel free to e-mail me. I am very anxious in finding out more.
- BULLOCK, LEWIS posted by Tammy Lewis on Monday, February 1, 1999
- I forgot to mention that Inez Bullock Lewis was born March 21, 1916, and died February 1, 1992. I was 17 years old when she died. I was living in Florida at the time with my family, but attended her funeral...I believe she was laid to rest in Zoan Cemetery....Hwy. 19 near lake Swamp. Many people attended her funeral, but I was not introduced to many. I do believe that most people in attendance were family members though. I would like to be in contact with anyone who has information on either family line, the Lewis' or Bulllock's, either relative or acquaintance. It would be greatly appreciated.
- AYERS, WILLIAMSON posted by Robin Tallon on Tuesday, February 2, 1999
- Looking for Williamson and Ayers from Horry and Marion Counties. Probably arrived before Revolutionary War
- HEWITT, JORDAN, LOWRIMORE, SKIPPER posted by Jean Skipper on Wednesday, February 3, 1999
- Looking forinformation on Evander Jordan b. about 1846/ 1848 in South Carolina or any information you may have and his wife Mary C. Lowrimore Jordan b.about 1850 in S.C., parents of Tilmon B. Jordan b. about 1894 in S.C. d. 1923 buried in Wampee, S.C. Husband of Clara Hewitt Jordan b. 1895 in S.C. d. 1918 in Conway, S.C.Clara Hewitt d/o Samuel Hewitt b. abt 1858 in S.C. d. 1910 in S.C. and Rachael Cox Hewitt b. 1872 in S.C. d. 1955 in S.C.
- WATSON posted by Derrick Watson on Wednesday, February 3, 1999
- Looking for info on Watson's from Horry County. My GGGranfather was Wade Hampton Parker,his son was Orlando Watson, his son my grandfather was Burdice B. Watson who married Mary Inman - her father was Irdol Inman. They had seven children Marion, Charles, Henry, Jimmy, Mary-francis, Linda and Bobbie all born from 1930-1945. Thanks for any help.
- posted by Richard Booth on Saturday, February 6, 1999
- I am looking for the parents of Nancy Lucinda Todd married Noah W Booth came to Salt Lake City Utah in her obit it says that her father was one William Todd mother was Nancy Jean Shannon any help would be appreciated thanks Richard Booth gggggrandson
- posted by Sherry Tracy on Sunday, February 7, 1999
- My grandmother was Lettie JHazel Morrell who married Samuel Nathaniel Booth born in Horry County, S.C. His father was Samuel Perkins Booth married in S.C. and died in Holmes County, Fl. The father of Samuel Perkins Booth was Thomas Nathaniel Booth who married Winiford Lewis. The wife of Samuel Perkins Booth was Amanda Melvina Tart. Do any of these names sound familar to you? I look forward to hearing from you.
- CAMPBELL, GORE, SUGGS, WARD posted by George R. Cooper Jr. on Friday, February 12, 1999
- Trying to locate Alvana A.Ward,born Jun 7 1866,and her sister Carrie E. Ward,born Dec 29 1885
- BELLAMY posted by Nancy Shuman on Sunday, February 14, 1999
- I am seeking information on the ancestors and family of Abraham (Abram) BELLAMY born about 1752. I know he resided in Horry County, but am not sure if he was born there. He died 1828 in Jefferson County, FL, where he and several members of his family settled between 1819 and 1827. The name I have found for his wife is Claramond, born about 1757. They had a son John BELLAMY, born Sept. 10, 1776, married Margaret BELL (born Jan. 15, 1777 in Horry Co.), daughter of William and Mary BELL. John and Margaret had 7 children that I know of (all probably born in Horry Co.): 1) Abraham (Abram) b. Aug. 10, 1800, m. Eliza Ann WILLIAMS, 2) William b. Apr. 8 1802, m. Emmala Ann SIMKINS, 3) Elizabeth Mary b. Feb. 27, 1804, m. Gen. William BAILEY, 4) Sarah Matilda A. b. 1808, m. Col. Daniel Elmer BURCH, 5) Maria Theresa b. Jan 1, 1810, 6) Bethel Durant b. Apr. 22, 1812, 7) Lydia b. Feb. 28, 1814. The children of William and Emmala BELLAMY are: 1)Lucian A., 2) Elizabeth Brooks, 3) Margaret B., 4) Emmala Simkins, 5) William (female). If anyone has information on the family of Abraham (Abram) BELLAMY, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I would be happy to share information! Thanks! Nancy
- MURPHY, PAGE posted by Carol Baskin Tatum on Monday, February 15, 1999
- I am searching for information on Jesse Page and his wife, Asha Murphy. McDaniel Page is somehow related--I do not know how. Jesse and McDaniel are both in Horry Co., SC in the 1820s. In 1830 McDaniel and Jesse's widow are in Marion Co., GA--living near each other.
- CARR, FLINT, KING, SESSIONS, STEVENS, TILLMAN, TILLY, VARNER, WHITLEY posted by Charles Cornell on Wednesday, February 17, 1999
- Seeking info on parents and descendants of Solomon SESSIONS and wife Mary (TILLY?) of Horry Co SC. Their children: Josias born 1764 married Elizabeth TILLMAN; Solomon who died 1829 married Sarah Esther FLINT; Joseph born abt 1755 married possibly Delilah WHITLEY; Ransom died 1833 married Elizabeth Ann Abigail CARR; Sally; a daughter who married Mr VARNER; a daughter who married Mr STEVENS; a daughter who married Thomas KING.
- COX, HEWITT, JORDAN, SKIPPER posted by Jean Skipper on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- Could someone please tell me where Eden Baptist Church is located? Thanks Jean
- LOVETT, STRICKLAND posted by Jim Strickland on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- Seek information on a Lovett/Strickland connection. Recent information (Unconfirmed) indicates that Eli Lovett, Born abt 1810, married one of Solomon Strickland's daughters. Eli is in the 1850 Horry Census in house # 67, wife wife Vicey, age 30. Does anyone know if "Vicey" was a first or second wife? Any info would be appreciated. Jim Strickland
Return to Horry Co. SC Genealogy page
- Surname Register and Query Index: A thru L,  M thru Z
- Researcher Profiles: A thru L,  M thru Z
- Queries for June thru December 1998
- Queries for January 1999
- Queries for February 1999
- Queries for March 1999
- Queries for April thru May 1999
- Queries for June 1999
- Queries for July 1999
- Queries for August thru October 1999
- Queries for November thru December 1999
- Queries for February thru May 2000
- Queries for June thru July 2000
- Queries for August thru October 2000
- Queries for November 2000 thru February 2001
- Queries for March thru May 2001
- Queries for June thru August 2001
- Queries for September thru December 2001
- Queries for January thru March 2002
- Queries for April thru June 2002
- Queries for July 2002
For questions about this page contact Marceline Beem at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.