|ALL Material on This Site and RootsWeb is FREE||Ancestry.com is a subscription site|
My great great grandparents, Olive Ingalls Carter and Pulaski Carter
Amelia Maria Carter Kennedy, daughter of the couple pictured above, researched the genealogies of her family and that of her husband, William DeWitt Kennedy. I inherited most of her notes, documentation, correspondence, society applications and certificates, and some of the books that she used for her research. I have since purchased many others. The files of Amelia Maria [I always heard it pronounced Ma-ri'-ya with a long i] Carter Kennedy revealed that she wrote the biographies for her father and husband that have been published in several books. These pages are designed to share some of this unique information, along with material acquired from other sources over the years.
Short Biography of [spelled Polaski until 1834, according to page 48 of Amelia's Red Notebook]
Full Pulaski Carter Biography, plus Carter, Butts, Ingalls, & others.
Article: Pulaski Carter; Manufacturer of Axes and Edge Tools,
Capouse Works of Pulaski Carter with Map
New Rolling Mills at Providence
Family Listings in City Directories for Scranton 1859 - 1900
Westminster Cemetery, Canterbury, Connecticut
Carter & Kennedy in Dunmore Cemetery, Scranton, Pennsylvania
Biography of James Schofield KennedyKennedy, Jayne, Stephens, and Scofield Genealogy Scanned: Amelia Carter Kennedy's handwritten notebook
Connecticut Butts Genealogy Scanned: Amelia Carter Kennedy's handwritten notebook
Ancestry of William De Witt Kennedy
Amelia Carter Kennedy's scanned Red Notebook. It contains the genealogy of the Carter, Spaulding, Ingalls and Butts families.
The Baldwin School, Bryn Mawr, PA: Old postcards, photos and 1919 yearbook
50th Wedding Anniversaries, Mr. & Mrs. James S. Kennedy,
and Mr. & Mrs. William D. Kennedy
Ancestry of Maria Van Vliet, Wife of John Kennedy
Jayne Notes and Correspondence
Some Cemetery Gravestones for Jayne and Woodhull in the:Setauket Caroline Episcopal Churchyard, Setauket, Long Island, NYLetter From Holloway Stephens
Setauket Presbyterian Churchyard, Setauket, Long Island, New York
History of Nicholson with Stephens Genealogy
Nicholson / Tunkhannock Viaduct, Nicholson, PA
Stephens Cemetery, Nicholson, Pennsylvania
Grand Army of the Republic (GAR), Ezra Griffin Post No. 139Pennsylvania Sons of the Revolution: Eliphalet & Ebenezer Stephens Records
Revolutionary War Record of William Hibbard,
including the Wyoming Massacre
Societies Amelia Carter Kennedy joined: Daughters of the American
Revolution (DAR), Colonial Dames, National Society of Daughters
of Founders and Patriots of American, National Society of The Sons
and Daughters of the Pilgrims
Neff and Pendleton Genealogy Information
Pendleton Genealogy: Rhode Island
Early (late 1800's to early 1900's) Photographs of Greater Scranton
Schools in and around Scranton - old postcard views
Commencements Programs, Scranton High School: 1877 (first), 1878, 1879, 1880, 1881, 1883, 1889, 1890, 1894, 1898, 1903, 1912.
Scranton Technical High School, 1899.
Vintage Scranton Area PostcardsHotel Jermyn Brochure
Scranton City Directory 1867-68 - Complete Scanned Copy
The City of Scranton and Vicinity and Their Resources c1894 Prominent Men, With Portraits
Central Pennsylvania Telephone and Supply: Scranton Exchange 1901
Scranton Republican Almanac 1885 (1884 events)
The Scranton Truth Almanac 1890
The Scranton Republican Almanac 1892
City of Scranton, Pennsylvania, 1912 - Scans of the Board of Trade Book
1881 Scranton Industries, Statistics and Trade Review
1877 Scranton City Atlas, including illustrations of buildings
1898 Atlas of Surveys of the City of Scranton & Borough of Dunmore
1918 Map of the City of Scranton, PA
1929 Map of the City of Scranton, PA
1898, 1918, and 1929 City of Scranton Comparison Maps
Poli's Theatre, Scranton: 1908 Program, 1914 Players, 1915 Program ++
The Pennsylvania Wyoming Valley in 1892, including scanned pages
Home for the Friendless, Scranton, PA
"Carter & Kennedy Building Occupied by Foote & Shear and
J. Scott Inglis and J. D. Williams & Bro. Co. Building fell Fury
to the Flames" November 10, 1906
The Hotel Casey, 1909-2001, Scranton, PA
Helpful Published Materials
- Portrait and Biographical Record of Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania. (New York and Chicago: Chapman Publishing Co., 1897).
- History of Luzerne, Lackawanna and Wyoming Counties, Pennsylvania. (New York: W. W. Munsell & Co., 1880). Download free from Archive.org.
- History of Scranton, Pennsylvania. David Craft, William A. Wilcox, Alfred Hand, J. Wooldridge, (Dayton, Ohio: Published for H. W. Crew by the United Brethren Publishing House, 1891). Download from, or view on, Google.- as well as Archive.org Volume 1, and Volume 2.
- Genealogical and Family History of the Wyoming and Lackawanna Valleys, Pennsylvania. Hon. Alfred Hand, John W. Jordon, edited by Rev. Horace Edwin Hayden, (New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Co., 1906).
- History of Scranton and Its People. Col. Frederick L. Hitchcock, (New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., 1914). The scanned books can be ready, searched and downloaded at Archive.org: Volume I; Volume II.
- Spalding Memorial; a genealogical history of Edward Spalding, of Massachusetts Bay, and his descendants (1872) (Free search and download).
- The genealogy and history of the Ingalls Family in America (1903) by Burleigh (Free search and download)
Back to Susan Carter White Pieroth's Home Page
Copyright ©2000-2014 Susan White Pieroth