|ALL Material on This Site and RootsWeb is FREE||Ancestry.com is a subscription site|
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 WHITE was born February 22, 1804 in Ireland, and died February 08, 1864. He married MARY A. CLENDENNING March 17, 1834. She was born August 08, 1809 in Ireland.
Notes for WILLIAM WHITE: Information on the While family ancestry provided by Richard Pancoast White.
Children of WILLIAM WHITE and MARY CLENDENNING are:
i. WILLIAM2 WHITE, JR., b. May 24, 1835.
ii. ROBERT WHITE, b. August 26, 1836.
iii. MARTHA WHITE, b. April 14, 1837.
iv. ANDREW C. WHITE, b. November 25, 1837.
v. SAMUEL WHITE, b. December 15, 1840.
vi. MARY WHITE, b. January 28, 1842.
Notes for MARY WHITE: Married, husband's name unknown.
vii. JACOB ALEXANDER WHITE, b. July 11, 1843; d. February 05, 1853.
2. viii. HUGH CLENDENNING WHITE, b. October 03, 1844, Ireland; d. bef. 1910
ix. CATHERINE WHITE, b. October 03, 1844; d. October 1844.
x. JAMES M WHITE, b. June 16, 1846.
xi. JOHN WHITE, b. February 14, 1848; d. February 1848.
xii. MARSHALL WHITE, b. February 14, 1848; d. February 1848.
xiii. HENRY WHITE, b. August 16, 1850; d. August 1850.
xiv. FANNIE WHITE, b. November 30, 1851.
Generation No. 2
October 03, 1844 in Ireland; died August 25, 1896. He is buried in the Pancoast plot
(Find-a-Grave) at the Epworth
Methodist Church Cemetery, Palmyra, Burlington
County, New Jersey. He married
1882, daughter of EDWARD
BISHOP. She was born September 10,
1858 in Riverton,
NJ, and died December 04, 1942.
Children of HUGH WHITE and MARTHA PANCOAST are:
3. i. EDWARD CLENDENNING3 WHITE, b. October 01, 1883, Riverton, NJ; d. March 24, 1972, Long Beach, CA.
5. iii. LAURA PANCOAST WHITE, b. March 11, 1886; d. March 03, 1966.
Generation No. 3
3. EDWARD CLENDENNING3 WHITE (HUGH CLENDENNING2, WILLIAM1) was born October 01, 1883 in Riverton, NJ, and died March 24, 1972 in Long Beach, CA. He married GLADYS ALICE MERRITT June 02, 1908 in Sancti Spiritus, Cuba, daughter of GEORGE MERRITT and KATHARINE SCHORY. She was born May 28, 1886 in OH, and died February 02, 1959 in Long Beach, CA. Both are buried in Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery, San Diego, CA
|In his Lieutenant Junior Grade uniform.||Edward Clendenning White Signed June 1, 1945.|
|Official Navy service record for Edward Clendenning, dated April 26, 1946.|
Left: Gladys Alice Merritt White
Above: Edward & Gladys on their 50th Anniversary June 1958, Long Beach California.
More About GLADYS ALICE MERRITT (scans of a scrapbook)
Children of EDWARD WHITE and GLADYS MERRITT are:
i. GLADYS MERRITT4 WHITE
ii. EDWARD CLENDENNING WHITE, JR.
iv. ROBERT WILLIAM WHITE
v. KATHLEEN MERRITT WHITE
vi. GEORGE MERRITT WHITE
More About GEORGE MERRITT WHITE (including his Navy records): Burial: Arlington National Cemetery
4. WILLIAM3 WHITE (HUGH CLENDENNING2, WILLIAM1) was born December 11, 1884, and died June 15, 1970 in Washington, D.C.. He married ALMA HORST August 04, 1910.
Notes for ALMA HORST: Her name is shown as Alma Bork in an article about William White
Children of WILLIAM WHITE and ALMA HORST are:
i. RUTH4 WHITE, m. ? MORGAN.
Notes for ? MORGAN: SS Death Index possible match: RUTH W MORGAN; born 25 Nov 1915; died 02 Jan 2003 (V); last residence; 21401 (Annapolis, Anne Arundel, MD); SS# 577-14-9530; issued District of Columbia
ii. FREDERICK WHITE.
|William White||Alma Horst White|
5. LAURA PANCOAST3 WHITE (HUGH CLENDENNING2, WILLIAM1) was born March 11, 1886, and died March 03, 1966. She married BERTON BLAINE TAYLOR July 07, 1912. He was born June 28, 1884, and died January 24, 1944.
Children of LAURA WHITE and BERTON TAYLOR are:
i. HOWARD WHITE4 TAYLOR, m. ALLEEN, Abt. 1940.
ii. SAMUAL LAWRENCE TAYLOR, m. KITTY LAIRD.
Notes for KITTY LAIRD: First wife
iii. MARTHA (SUSIE) PANCOAST TAYLOR, b. October 22, 1914; d. October 01, 1999, San Diego, California; m. RICHARD PANCOAST WHITE, June 06, 1940; b. October 04, 1914, Richmond Hill, NY; d. July 23, 1998, San Diego, California.
|Laura Pancoast White||Bert Blaine Taylor|
This is made available for non-commercial
personal use. If you wish to incorporate any of this into any
product, or use it on your web site, you
must first obtain permission.
Susan Carter White Pieroth, Copyright © 2001-2014