Persons interested in genealogy, local history, family records and family history are encouraged to apply for membership in the South Dakota Genealogical Society. Click here to learn about Research Membership Cards.
|Type of Membership||Fee|
|Research Member Card only||$5.00|
* All memberships (not including the research card member) are for one year and will include four issues of the SDGS Quarterly.
- Fall meetings with workshops/seminars held around the state
- Annual Spring meeting with workshops and seminars
- Informational speakers on topics of interest
- The SDGS Quarterly
- Books Reviews
- Cemetery Recordings
- Queries Free to Members
- Members Pedigree Charts
- Census, Land, and Veterans Records
- "How-To" Tips and Articles
Membership Application Form
Download or print the file, PDF of the SDGS Application Form , fill out the form, enclose a check or money order and mail to: SD Genealogical Society, PO Box 1101, Pierre, SD 57501-1101.
If you are sending for a research membership card, you must enclose a photo copy of your drivers' license or official photo ID, to receive the card. The copy will be destroyed after processing the request.