In late 1945, a group of young people began meeting twice a month. By the spring of 1946 adults were meeting with them for bible study. At a meeting in the Edward Sorensen home on April 24, 1946, it was decided to organize a Winner Baptist Church. So on May 5, 1946, a meeting to organize was held at the Christian Church.
The Charter of Incorporation was issued on February 5, 1947. The charter members were Mr. and Mrs. Charles Burtz, May Lefler, Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Reinoehl, Dorothy, Delores and Duane Reinoehl, Mrs. and Mrs. Fred Schaer, Mrs. and Mrs. Forrest Burket, Lena Sterling, Howard and Elsie Sterling, Mr. and Mrs. Edward Sorensen and Calvin and Joan Sorensen.
Rev. Curtis L. Gatson led the Sunday evening services until the student pastor, Howard Berglund, arrived on June 21, 1947. Howard preached his first sermon on Sunday evening, June 22, 1947. Howard married his bride, Edyth, in the fall of 1947 and they made their home in the May Lefler home until the parsonage was built in 1950. Mr. Bergland had one more year of seminary work and during his absence Rev. Daniel Wonderly took over.
Ground for the new church building was broken on it's present site on April 26, 1947. The first service in the new basement of the building was held on July 13, 1947. The newly organized Sunday School met the first two Sundays of it's organization in the Charles Burtz home.
Services were held for six years in the basement of the church. Then, August 9, 1953, another milestone in the history of Winner First Baptist Church was passed when the cornerstone was set in place. One year later, eight years from the date of organization, on October 17, 1954, the completed building was dedicated to the Glory of God.
Pastors who have served are: