Millboro Twp., Millboro, The chapter of Calvary Cathedral; NE1/4 NW1/4, 11-95-77; Located 1/2 mile south and 3 miles east of Millboro. This is mostly an Indian cemetery. Earliest burial 1882- that of George E. Rames. The church burned March 1992.
Star Valley Twp., 5-102-76; This is an abandoned cemetery.
Bull Creek Twp. Dixon, SD; Miniska Presbyterian Church; SW1/4 SW1/4, 24-100-74; Located from Colome, SD- 9 miles north, 6 miles east, 6 miles north and 21/2 miles east. Earliest burial 3-16-1891.
Colome Twp., Colome, SD; Odd Fellows Cemetery Association; SE1/4 33-98-75; Established 6-9-1912. This cemetery is located on the northwest corner of Colome, SD.
Lake Twp., Colome, SD; German Congregational Zion Church; SW1/4 SW1/4, 22-96-76; An abandoned cemetery with about 10 unknown graves.
Dallas Twp., Dallas, Gregory Co., SD; Lot 4 SW1/4 SW1/4, 7-97-73; Plat 1 Pg. 65 with key and legend. Deed Bk. 15, Pg. 165. For info only Plat 8 Pg. 26 & 27. R. D. Parker and Margaret Parker deeded to city of Dallas on 4-24-1909. Many Tripp county people are buried in this cemetery. It is located 1 mile west and 1/2 mile south of Dallas, SD, on Hwy 18, right on the Tripp county line.
Ideal Twp., Ideal, SD; SW1/4 SW1/4, 15-101-78; This cemetery is an Indian Cemetery in the little town of Ideal. The graves are mostly marked with white wooden crosses. It is still used today.
Stewart Twp., Wewela, SD; SW1/4 SW1/4, 31-96-75.; Owned by Hope Lutheran Church. This cemetery is located 1/2 mile west of Hwy 183, 6 miles north of Wewela. Established 1918.
Wilson Twp, Winner, SD; SW1/4 NW, 1/48-98-76; Owned by HVOZDA- MIRU Lodge #237. Located 31/2 mile south of Winner, SD, on South County Rd. It is still used today. This is a very well kept cemetery.
Ideal Twp., Ideal, SD; Ideal Cemetery Ass'n.; SW1/4 SE1/4; 13-101-76; Located 11/2 mile east of Ideal. The land for the cemetery was given by William Witmer Lenker in 1909. First burial was that of Ora Lenker, 27 Jun 1909. It is still used today.
Star Valley Twp., Ideal, SD; NE1/4 NE1/4, 31-103-76; Located 3 miles north and 3 miles west of Ideal. This cemetery is in a pasture and not kept up. There isn't a road to it. It is abandoned. Earliest burial 1895.
Wright Twp., Carter, SD; Owned by Jerusalem Lutheran Church. NW1/4 SW1/4, 10-97-79; Located 11 miles south of Carter, SD; It is still used today.
Jordan Twp., Winner, SD; SW1/4 NE1/4, 23-99-78; Located 8 miles west and 1/4 mile south of Winner, SD.
Lamro Twp., Winner, SD; SW1/4 SW1/4, 30-99-76; Abandoned cemetery; Located 1 mile south and 1 mile west on the John Fisher farm. There are only two headstones.
Huggins Twp., Clearfield, SD; SW1/4 NW1/4, 7-95-78; Located 35 miles southwest of Winner, SD. This is an abandoned cemetery. Merle Jorgensen did a lot of work on this cemetery.
Lone Star Twp., Hamill, SD; St. Peters Episcopal Station; SE1/4 NW1/4,18-102-75; Located 1/2 mile south, 6 miles west, 3 miles north and 3 miles west of Hamill. SD. This is an abandoned cemetery.
Witten Twp., Witten, SD; Blk. 52 of NE1/4, 21-100-78; Old Witten townsite; This an abandoned cemetery. It is in a pasture and not taken care of at all. The headstones are piled along the fence line.
Bull Creek Twp., Dixon, SD; SW1/4 NE1/4, 13-100-74; An Abandoned cemetery located in the middle of a pasture. It is however fenced.
Bull Creek, SD;
Our Savior Episcopal station was located, Sec. 14, Twp. 100, R74W, 16 miles north of Dallas, on the Bull Creek, originally part of the Lower Brule Mission, and later served by the Rev. W. Blair Roberts of the Rosebud Mission out of Dallas and Mission.
No chapel was ever built, services were held in the Day School and homes. The lumber for the church, which was a former chapel at an agency on the White River was taken there to build the chapel but a prairie fire in 1908-1909 burned the lumber and the chapel was never built. The foundation is still there. The Day School located father up the hill was opened in the fall of 1899 and at one time there were 20 log houses there.
The cemetery is still there and in quite good repair. Included among the graves is one of the famous chiefs Medicine Bull, whose history is recorded on the tombstone. The station was discontinued in 1941. (1963 Tripp County Atlas)
Gassman Twp., Hamill, SD; SE1/4 SE1/4, 22-103-75; An abandoned Indian cemetery located on the Miles DeJong Ranch in northeast Tripp county. Established 1891.
KeyaPaha Twp., Wewela, SD; SW1/4 NW1/4, 11-95-75; This is an abandoned cemetery in the middle of a pasture. You need permission to go through the pasture to get to it. It is fenced.
Roseland Twp., Hamill, SD; NW1/4 NW1/4, 34-102-74; A well kept cemetery is still used today. The local 4-H group clean it every year before Memorial Day. It is located on the northwest corner of Hamill, SD; Joseph LaBarron was the first burial 12 Jan 1910. In 1922 Raymond Olson deeded all the lots over to Roseland Cemetery.
Lone Star Twp., Hamill, SD; SE1/4 SE1/4,15-102-75; This is an Indian family cemetery. It is fenced and there are only seven graves in it. Family members are still buried there today.
Star Prairie Twp., Clearfield, SD; NE1/4 NW1/4, 35-97-78; The cemetery lays beside the St. Boniface Catholic Church. It is still used today.
Colome Twp., Colome, SD; SE1/4, 33-98-75; It is located on the northwest corner of Colome. This land was purchased by the Catholic Church 7 Dec 1916.
Dickens Twp., Paxton, Gregory Co., SD; SW1/4 SW1/4, 31-96-73; Deeds Bk. 28 Pg. 237. On March 4, 1921 J. F. Shanahan and Theresa Shanahan deeded for $1.00 to the Church of St. John of Paxton, SD., a corporation of Dallas, SD; the East 427 ft. North 204 ft. West 427 ft. South 204 ft. Many Tripp county people are buried here.
Witten Twp., Witten, SD; NW1/4 NW1/4, 21-100-78; This cemetery sits on the site of Old Witten. Old Witten was moved in 1927 to its present site two miles south. It is a well maintained cemetery and is still used today.
Across the Nebraska state line in Keya Paha County, Nebraska.
Many Tripp county people are buried there.
The legal description is Section 25-T35-R21 in Keyapaha County, Nebraska. Driving description is--Drive 1 mile south of the NE/SD state line on Highway 183.
Turn East; drive 1 mile. Turn south on section line road (trail road, not maintained) drive about 1/4 mile.
The cemetery is fenced and mowed.
Holsclaw Twp, Tripp Co., SD; SE1/4 NE1/4, 23-96-79; There are only a few graves in this cemetery.
Lamro Twp., Winner, SD; NE1/4 NE1/4, 20-99-76; This is the largest cemetery in the county. It is located on the northeast comer of the city.
Lamro Twp, Winner, SD; NE1/4 NE1/4, 20-99-76; This is located to the south of the Winner Cemetery. Today the two cemeteries are combined.