Preston Scott FEE(1) was born about 1823 and died by 5 Jan 1891 but probably only shortly before as his children participated in the inheritance of his uncle Luke Noe's estate (deceased 1890) and Preston therefore must have survived Luke. Preston married Sarah Mandy FARMER born about 1828 in Kentucky the daughter of William and Elizabeth FROST FARMER. Sarah was still living at the signing of a deed on * November 1895. Her sister Icy married his brother Abner and her brother Stephen married his sister Jane.
Land grants 100 acres 15 Apr 1853 Rockhouse and 100 acres 16 May 1857 on Slaters Fork
Family tradition indicates that Preston may have been the father of Jane ELY's son Lewis ELY/FEE who was raised by Preston's brother John. A complete discussion of Lewis and his parentage is in elsewhere on this site.
They had seven known children:
- William Scott FEE born 10 April 1848 in Harlan and died 19 April 1923 in Harlan buried at Yancey, probably in the old Dave Fee cemetery. He married ca 1868(2) Charity BAILEY born May about 1854 and died 23 Sep 1932, daughter of James & Elizabeth GARRISON BAILEY [Perry County?]. William Scott and Charity are living in Perry County in the 1870 census. It is probable that he went to Perry County to his sisters Charlotte and Mary MELTON. In 1880, William and Charity are back in Harlan County. Living with them is his grandfather, William FARMER and his brother Stephen and his family.
- Hiram B FEE born ca 1873 died 14 Jul 1938 buried at Grays Knob married #1 1894 and divorced Manerva BLEVINS born Nov 1877 died 4 Apr 1934 of double pneumonia daughter of Jim and Margaret FARLEY BLEVINS; married #2 Maggie MINIARD
- Alabama "Bam" FEE born 12 Oct 1896 catrons Creek married @4 Mar 1911 John BRANSON born 22 Feb 1887 died 1948 buried at Stanfill
- Chester A FEE born 22 Mar 1898 died before 1938 Catrons Creek married #1 Josie DEAN born ca 1900 died 8 Mar 1920 married #2 1922 Bertha MOSES
- Verda Ethel FEE born 2 Sep 1900 Catrons Creek married 1915 Frank FIELDS; living Evarts in 1938
- Dora FEE born 29 Jun 1905 married Mar 1923 Frank LAWSON born ca 1902; living Evarts in 1938
- John FEE born 18 Aug 1910 at Beech Grove married 15 Aug 1936 at Elcomb to Myrtle FOWLER born ca 1915
- Fred FEE born 14 Oct 1912 died 2 January 1938
- Nancy FEE married Hicks JACKSON
- Louanna FEE born February ca 1878 married 1895 Charley NAPIER born May 1879
- Cora NAPIER born Dec 1896
- (infant) born Feb 1900
- Preston FEE born February 1882 died ca 1930 married 1899 Vesty FEE
- Silas FEE born ca 1903
- Noah FEE born ca 1905 (?died by 1945) married 1924 Arrie SAYLOR
- Harrison FEE born Jan/Feb 1906/1907 married 18 Feb 1929 May PACE born ca 1907 daughter of Steve and Sarah DILLMAN PACE
- Sudie FEE born Feb ca 1909 married Davey TIPTON
- Lester FEE born May ca 1912 died 15 Sep 1942 of sugar diabetes
- Luli FEE married --?-- INGLE
- Dorothy FEE born ca 1916 (?died by 1978?)
- John D FEE born 22 November 1883 at Whiteoaks in Leslie County died 26 June 1975 married #1 Letitia NEAL born ca 1886 died 21 Apr 1935 daughter of Abraham and Sarah NEAL; married #2 ca 1935 Cinda POWERS
- Stanley FEE born 29 November 1902 married #1 his third cousin, Lydia DILLMAN born 19 Jan 1902 died 6 Apr 1932 in childbirth (page 23); married #2 1932 Martha GAMBREL
- Myrtle FEE born 22 Sep 1904 died 27 Sep 1984 married Charles Cecil VAUGHN
- Mary Lynn FEE born 13 Jan 1907 died 2 Jan 1909 married 5 Feb 1926 Alvin Otis WRIGHT
- Dorotha Belle FEE born 5 Sep 1908 died by April 1935
- William Henry FEE born 25 Dec 1910 killed 18 June 1958 in a slate fall at harlan Fuel Co., Yancey; married #1 1936 Cleo BROWN married #2 1941 Laura BOWLING
- Elva FEE born November 1912 died 1971 married #1 --?-- EDDY married #2 Albert HENSLEY/SHEPHERD
- Denver FEE born 12 Oct 1914 at Liggett died 28 April 1961 in a rockfall at Yancey mine; married Cledith BOWLING born ca 1918 Barbourville KY
- Georgia FEE born 4 Jun 1917 married #1 10 Dec 1932 at Yancey to Rex H MOORE born ca 1910 married #2 William TROCHIO
- a daughter born and died 1918
- Lorine (Lutitia) FEE born 29 Apr 1922 died 1922
- John Dee FEE Jr born 28 Apr 1925 married 20 Aug 1945H* Virginia BLANKENSHIP born ca 1928 Loyall daughter of Pat and Lizzie BLANKENSHIP; John Dee was injured in the rockfall that killed his older brother Denver and his older brother Stanley's son Stanley Jr
- Marea FEE born 11 Jun 1927 married 6 Aug 1951 married Ralph HUTCHISON born ca 1922 son of Ben and Vergie ELDRIDGE HUTCHISON
- Shirley Violet FEE born 10 Apr 1936 married William SLUSHER
- Doris Jean FEE born 19 Jan 1938 married Dan EREMENCHUK
- Clyde FEE born 26 Mar 1940 died 23 Sep 1963
- (Powers) Wendell FEE born 22 Aug 1942 married 24 Dec 1963 Rachel SIZEMORE born 26 May 1946 at Roark in Leslie County, daughter of Logan and Sudie FEE SIZEMORE
- Hershel Lee FEE born 10 Aug 1944 married Barbara RUTHERFORD
- Prisilla A FEE born 27 Jul 1946 married Hobart MOSLEY
- Ramona Kay FEE born 31 Aug 1951 married 27 Dec 1968 Darrell HUFF born 20 June 1948 in Perry County son of Lige and Mattie CAUDILL HUFF
- Nancy Ellen FEE born 30 January 1887 married 13 Oct 1909 J W POPE; she was single in 1924 but may have married #2 --?-- NEAL; Nancy was deceased by 1975
- Polly FEE born 11 January 1890 married 27 Apr 1906 H M "Dock" NAPIER (aka George)
- Martha Belle FEE born 16 Sep 1892 on Slators Fork died 8 Aug 1980 married 10 Oct 1911 James HOWARD born 22 Jun 1888 son of Nathan H and Elizabeth POPE HOWARD. James was blind from birth and ran a store at Wilson-Berger Coal Camp at Grays Knob.
- Beulah Lavina HOWARD born 24 Jun 1912 married 1933 Richard Perry LATHUM
- Ruby Geneva HOWARD born 2 Jul 1914 married William Russell JONES born 12 Jan 1900
- Nell Rose HOWARD born 27 Sep 1916 married 1934 William Henry Milton WALLS
- James Merle HOWARD born 4 Oct 1920 married --?-- REAMS
- John Henry HOWARD born 16 Jul 1923 married 1946 Christine OSBORNE
- William A FEE born 31 May 1896 died about 1910 of a kidney injury suffered in a playful wrestling match with his brother-in-law Doc Napier.
- Green B FEE born 12 Oct (or May) 1899 died April 1990 married 1925 Irene BROOKSHIRE; living 1975
- R. Katherine FEE born 21 Apr 1926
- Donald Rowen FEE born 18 Aug 1928
- Douglas McMillan FEE married 1948 Gladys HATFIELD
- James FEE born 27 Dec 1941
- Jane FEE born and died by 1900
- Sarah FEE born and died by 1900
- Stephen Worth FEE "Big Worth" born Jan 1850 and died 29 Oct 1939 "suddenly at home" in Gulston; married 1870 in Harlan to Mary FORRESTER daughter of -------- (5-2450) born 3 Dec 1844 in Harlan died 3 Jan 1929. They are both buried at the Beech Grove Cemetery at what is now known as Mary Alice on Catrons Creek. His grave is marked by a rough wooden cross painted black with white letters "S W FEE", her grave has a headstone. This family apparently spent their entire lives in the Slators Fork area of Catrons Creek.
- Martha FEE born ca 1871 married 1888H* Carr BRITTAIN
- Pearl BRITTAIN married Sophie DAVIDSON
- William BRITTAIN
- Melia/Millie FEE born ca 1873 died by 1959 married 1900 George CRIDER born May 1880
- Allie Delia FEE born Jul 1875 married 11 Jul 1901 H* Polk CRIDER, a farmer at Pansy, born ca 1880 Lee Co VA. She was of Pennington Gap VA in 1959.
- Green FEE born 26 Jun 1877 married 16 Dec 1900 Emily J SPURLOCK
- Asbury FEE born ca 1907 married 3 Jul 1928 Etta POYNTER, widow, born ca 1891. Her first marriage was probably to a PERKINS as the 1930 school census at Bardo shows 2 Perkins children in the household, Lawrence and Roy.
- Thomas "Sheffie" FEE born 24 Dec 1879 married 1899 H* Theodocia "Dosia" GARRETT born Sep 1876. Sheffie used to peddle vegetables in Pansy. Sheffie died 12 March 1918 and Doshia died on 15 August of that same year. Only two
of their children lived to see 1921, Orlie and Mary Nannie.(3)
- Josephus FEE born May 1900
- Pearlie FEE born 5 Jul 1902
- Mandia FEE born 10 Sep 1903
- Mary Nannie FEE (same as Mandia?) married --?-- PACE; living Gulston in 1983
- Maude May FEE born 9 Jan 1905 died Dec 1919
- Orlie FEE born 17 Sep 1906 VA died 17 May 1983 at Jonesville VA married 29 Sep 1934 Martha GREER born ca 1912 VA daughter of Johnnie and Flora GREER
- Leander FEE born 10 Jun 1885 died 11 Jul 1959 buried at Stanfill; married #1 and divorced Jane DEAN born May 1884 daughter of Sarah DEAN (her brother Isaac married Malinia FEE, Leander's --- Cousin. After divorcing Jane, Leander married #2 10 May 1906 LEE VA to Emma BARBER born Jul 1883 died 6 May 1952, buried at Stanfill, daughter of A C & Rachel BARBER.
- Chloe FEE born ca 1903 married 17 Nov 1917 at Grays Knob to Milton BLANTON born ca 1896 son of John and Martha BLANTON; one of the witnesses at the marriage was Jane CLEM who may be Chloe's mother remarried. Chloe may have died by 1959 as she is not listed in her father's obituary.
- Verlin FEE born 4 Dec 1908 VA married #2 Edith GOODMAN on 12 Aug 1937 at Liggett when Verlin stated his previous marriage had ended in divorce. Edith was born ca 1916.
There are two versions of an incident involving Verlin and Clyde Fee, one from George Titler's book, Hell In Harlan, and the other from local residents. Titler's book is a heavily biased (pro-Union) work and tends to link every act of violence that occurred at the time with anti Union activities by the operators.
From Hell In Harlan:
"On June 10 (1938), a murder away from the trial (government trial against 22 mine operators) scene shocked the court. Lester Smithers, a government witness and president of the local union at Yancey, was shot & killed while he distributed commodities to the unemployed miners of the local union. His murderers were 2 brothers, Verlin & Clyde Fee, non-union miners.
"I had sent Smithers, a fine, outstanding union man, who was donating his services to the union, on his mission. I was told by eye-witnesses that the Fee brothers had apparently been paid by somebody to kill Smithers. They
planned for one to start a fight with Smithers and then the other was to shoot him. It worked out as planned. Sheriff Cawood's chief deputy investigated the killing and testified that Fee shot in self-defense. This was cold-blooded murder.
"According to the report of the deputy sheriff, these two men had been drunk and quarreling all day but the facts are that Smithers left the warehouse 1 1/2 hours before he was killed with a truckload of groceries and was as sober as a judge when he left me. In fact, I never knew of his drinking. Eye witnesses said that when the Fee boys started the argument with Smithers, they called him a snitcher because he had been subpoened before the court in London. The operators were obviously not happy because the union was feeding the men who were fired because of their union activities. Smithers was a fly in their ointment. The man who committed this murder went scotfree."
When asked in the early 1980's about this incident local residents were generally of the opinion that it was a personal fight rather than a Union vs Operator affair and the consensus was that Smithers had beaten up one of
Verlin and Clyde's younger brothers and that was why they were out to get him.
- Clyde FEE born 7 Mar 1911 married Cecile SANDERS born ca 1914 daughter of Charley and Cora SANDERS. Clyde was killed 9 may 1954 by his cousin Fern's husband, Columbus FOWLER. A contemporary news accounts states that Clyde and Bill LANKFORD were sitting in a car at Pansy when Columbus pulled up making a lot of noise. When Clyde got out and went towards him, Fowler started firing.
- Carrie FEE born ca 1912 married 20 Jul 1929H* Beckham FOWLER born ca 1903 son of Elbert & Sarah FOWLER. Carrie was living at Liggett in 1954 and 1959.
- Homer FEE born 22 Sep 1914 married 23 Nov 1936 H* to Emily COX born ca 1915 in Indiana daughter of Leonard and Ruth COX. Homer was living at Gulston in 1954 and 1959.
- infant born 10 Sep 1920, apparently died at birth.
- Claude FEE born 8 Dec 1927 married 1948 H* Audrey SANDERS
- Martin FEE born 12 Nov 1887 died by Oct 1978 married 8 Jan 1916 LEE VA to Rose MILWEE born ca 1896 died 12 Jul 1980 daughter of Samuel and Martha MILWEE. Living first at Hugan, Virginia, this family mpoved to the Catrons Creek area about 1925, living first at Beech Grove and then at Yancey.
- Max FEE born 2 Feb 1917 Hugan VA died 6 Oct 1978 married 1 Mar 1946 Bernice McCURRY born ca 1916 daughter of Hubert and Nola MARCUM McCURRY.
- Fern FEE born 2 Apr 1921 Hugan VA married 3 Jan 1937 at Gulston to Columbus FOWLER born ca 1915. Columbus shot and killed her cousin Clyde FEE.
- Martha Leona FEE born 18 Feb 1923 Hugan VA married 8 Apr 1950 at Liggett to Raymond BURTON born ca 1922 son of Charles and Lilly STAMPER BURGAN. Martha was living in Benham in 1980.
- Billy Rex FEE born and died 12 July 1936, buried at Stanfill.
- a child died young by 1900
- Green A FEE born Feb 1852/3 married (7 Apr) 1873 Helen FORRISTER born May 1855 daughter of Jerry & Polly FORRESTER. She died 15 July 1924 at Grays Knob and is buried at the Skidmore Cemetery. He predeceased her. [land grant 200 acres Four Mile Creek on 27 Feb 1889] Their 1900 hosuehold includes a granddaughter Lizzie, born May 1897 who is probably the same as Bradley's daughter Elisa born May 1897.
- Bradley Carter FEE born Jan 1876/7 (living in 1943) married #1 (17 Aug) 1896 Sarah NOE born July 1874 died January 1902 at or shortly after son John's birth, she was perhaps the daughter of Michael and Eliza Jane DAY NOE but may be the daughter of Ransom and Elizabeth NOE; married #2 16 Jan 1902 to Lavina NEAL at her father Abraham's home, born April 1879; married #3 13 Dec 1911 at Cawood to Jerusha LEDFORD born ca 1873 died 30 Jan 1953 daughter of John LEDFORD and his second wife Nancy BURKHART.
- Elisa/Lizzie FEE born May 1897(4)
- Rebecca FEE born April 1899
- John FEE born 3 Jan 1902 died June 1967 (listed as son of Bradley & "unknown") married 11 Oct 1928 at Cawood to Mary COLLINS born ca 1918 daughter of Newt and Joanie COLLINS. Mary died of a heart attack at church at Cawood Church of God on 7 Mar 1962.
- Louisa FEE born 17 Oct 1905 married 22 Aug 1927 at Cawood to George SAMS born ca 1904 in Tennessee.
- Una FEE born 12 Dec 1906
- Lincoln FEE born 23 Sep 1904 died 8 Jun 1940 (possibly a stepson of Bradley's as Lincoln's death certificate states he is son of Johnson SPURLOCK and Jerusha FEE) married Elizabeth LEDFORD born ca 1910 daughter of G W and Betty SPURLOCK LEDFORD- Lincoln's obituary lists as survivors, wife Lizzie; 2 sons, William Marvin and James Lincoln; 3 brothers, John, Joe and Green; and a sister, Mrs. Sallie THOMPSON of Akron, Ohio; and his mother,
Mrs. Jerusha FEE. Lincoln's widow, Elizabeth, married 10 Aug 1942 to Joe SPURLOCK born ca 1919, son of G W & Susie HALL SPURLOCK
- Nannie FEE born 30 Mar 1907 (?d by 1940) married --?-- SPURLOCK
- Joseph FEE born 25 Dec 1912 married Geneva LEDFORD
- Green Murphy FEE born 10 Aug 1915 died 31 May 1947 apparently in a railroad accident as his father received a settlement of $195.00 on 2 Jun 1947 from the L&N Railroad for a fatal injury claim.
- Mary Belle FEE born 5 Oct 1917 (aka Sallie?) ?died young? does not appear in school census records when she ought to do so.
- Lena FEE born Nov 1878 (aka Malinia and Orlena) married 1900 Isaac DEAN born May 1877, son of Sarah DEAN, as his second wife. Isaac had a daughter Lizzie, born Oct 1896, who was living with them in 1900. The household also
included his sister Jane born May 1854 who married Leander FEE (see page ___) and his brothers John born Aug 1891 and Bradley born Sep 1895 and his mother Sarah, listed as a widow, born October 1857. Need 1910 census........
- Sally ??? FEE born 1881 died by 1900 ??? CHECK SOURCE; if school census may be Bradley's wife and one more unknown child died by 1900
- Polly FEE born Sep 1889 married 3 Sep 1907 John SHORT
- Louise FEE born April 1892
- Hiram FEE born 11 Feb 1854 died by 1945, little is known about him but he may have married #1 Emily born ca 1853 (1880 household #406) andaughter ofr #2 BetsyAnn born June 1865 (1900 hh16 lower Martins Fork married 12years 0/0 children)
- Abner C. FEE born about 1857 and died January 1931 on Martins Fork. He married #1 (9 Feb) 1877 his first cousin Sarah Amanda FEE born May 1860daughter of John and Jane LEE FEE. Although living in 1904 when she signed a deed, Amanda died by 27 Sep 1905 when Abner married #2 Arminta "Minty" TIPTON born 29 Nov 1890 died 19 Mar 1979 at Stanfill daughter of Stephen and Nancy HENSLEY TIPTON. - grant in 1889 of 40 acres on Martins Fork /Amanda 12/12 in 1900
- Prusie FEE born 3 Jul 1878 married #1 1899 Josephus HENSLEY born June 1877 son of James & Arrena HELTON HENSLEY married #2 ca 1906 Robert HENSLEY
- Maudie E HENSLEY born Jan 1900
- Lucretia FEE born 26 Apr 1880 died 28 Jun 1966 at Liggett married 1902 Wilson HENSLEY (?married #2 Albert SIMPSON?)
- Silas Woodson FEE born 4 Mar 1881 died 22 Feb 1951 married 1901 Adeline "Ida' THOMPSON born ca 1885. In 1910, Silas & Adaline are listed in Middlesboro with 2 year old son, Ross. They were back in Harlan by 1914.
Before his death, Silas married again as his surviving wife is named Mary.
- Ross FEE born 16 May 1909 married 10 May 1932 Madeline "Viola" GROSS born ca 1916 daughter of John B and Cassie GROSS
- Lizzie FEE born 3 Apr 1911 married --?-- BALLOU
- Sidney FEE born 17 Nov 1913
- Hobert FEE born 14 Mar 1917
- (infant) born 11 Jun 1921
- William Monroe FEE born 27 Jan 1923
- Silas W FEE Jr born 4 May 1925
- James FEE born 31 Dec 1882 died after 1903 (twin to Manerva)
- Manerva FEE born 31 Dec 1882 died after 1903 (twin to James)
- George Washington "Wash" FEE born 13 Nov 1885 died 15 Nov 1981 survived only by his stepdaughter Florence HAMLIN and seven siblings. Wash married 16 Mar 1909 Patty HENSLEY, widow of Dan SMITH, born 24 May 1870 died 28 Apr 1944(?)
- (Abner) Ballard FEE born 3 Aug 1887 died 29 Oct 1968 married 1921 Elizabeth GREEN (see page 24) born Nov 1900.
- Winifred FEE born and died 22 May 1924
- James Owen FEE born 14 Apr 1930 married 1949H* Alma JOHNSON born ca 1935
- Abner Ballard FEE Jr born 9 Feb 1934 at Smith married 8 Aug 1951 at Cawood to Christine "Bonnie Lou" OSBORNE born 1935 at Cawood, daughter of Henry and Lottie PACE OSBORNE
- Stella Mae FEE born 25 Nov 1935 married John B LANKFORD Jr
- Jack E FEE born 16 Mar 1938
- Lily FEE born 31 Mar 1890 died 9 Feb 1965 md31 28 May 1919 Lee VA to Foley ELDRIDGE, widower; married #2 "Doc" DUNCAN
- Bascom FEE born Sep 1891 died 27 May 1971 at Putney married 23 Oct 1914H* Ella LEWIS born ca 1893 died 29 Feb 1972
- Elvie FEE born 8 Aug 1915 living at Putney in 1977
- Morgan FEE born 16 Oct 1917 married #1 25 Sep 1937 Ruby WILLIS born ca 1916 Knox County daughter of Melven T & Pearl WILLIS married #2 Kathy VANNATTER
- Gladys Mildred FEE born 10 Jun 1920 married 24 Nov 1934H* Tom LEWIS born ca 1909 son of W M & Cassie CORNETT LEWIS
- Bascom FEE Jr born 19 Mar 1922 died by 1977
- Sallie FEE born 13 Mar 1924 married 9 Aug 1944H* to Chester ATKINS born ca 1920 son of Joe & Myrtle SHELTON ATKINS
- Bessie Adilane FEE born 25 Apr 1926
- Mary Ann FEE born 2 Aug 1928 married --?-- PRICE; of Lexington KY in 1977
- Lois FEE born 23 Jul 1931 married --?-- HILL of Loyall in 1977
- Loraine married --?-- YEARY; of Benham in 1977
- Gillian/Gilley FEE born 7 Dec 1893 died 20 Mar 1978 married 6 Apr 1912 Loyd SMITH
- Charlotte FEE born 4 Dec 1895 died 22 May 1978 married #1 7 divorced McKinley WILDER md32 30 Mar 1929 Jim BRITTAIN
- Arrie FEE born Mar 1898 married Harve LANKFORD
- Sallie FEE born 4 Jan 1900 married 15 Apr 1922 Sam PACE
- Anna Ethel FEE born ca 1903 died after 1903
- Sarah Jane FEE born 2 Sep 1907 at Sampson married 13 Nov 1926 John Oscar PITTMAN
- Roscoe FEE born 29 May 1910 married 8 Dec 1931 Lee County, Virginia, to Alice HENSLEY born 7 Apr 1904 daughter of Enos "Bear" and Louanna FEE HENSLEY. Alice had been married first to Byrd HENSLEY.
- Beulah M FEE born 29 Apr 1934 married Charles ROBINSON
- Ralph M FEE born 4 Feb 1935 married 26 Oct 1958 Vinna Meredith RAMSEY born ca 1941 daughter of F M RAMSEY
- Rodney FEE born 31 Oct 1936 died 19 Aug 1943 "killed under a rock" at the age of 7
- Mary J FEE born 9 Jun 1938 married Charles Henry ROBINSON
- Cilla Sue FEE born 17 Jan 1940 married 25 Jun 1958 James Paul BOGGS born 1938 son of Henry & Hester COMBS BOGGS
- Camilla S FEE born 29 Jul 1945 married 7 Aug 1963 at Totz to Jerry SERGENT born ca 1944 at Putney son of Garrett and Jean SERGENT
- David L. FEE born 12 Aug 1912 married Shirley NAPIER
- (Liddia/Lizzie) May FEE born 9 Apr 1915 married #1 10 Oct 1931 Dan EDDS married #2 Bear SMITH
- Harvey FEE born 8 Nov 1917 married Myrtle KNUCKLES
- Ester FEE born 1919 died 2 May 1921
- Elsie Marie born 16 Mar 1921 at Stanfill married 5 Feb 1938 at Verda to Robert NAPIER
- Mary FEE born 9 Jun 1926 (twin to Martha) married #1 14 Jun 1941 & divorced Ambers SMITH married #2 15 Jan 1951 William David GIBBONS married #3 20 Jul 1957 Merle DEAN
- Martha FEE born 9 jun 1926 (twin to Mary) married 25 Jul 1942 and 15 Oct 1946 to Phillip BRITTAIN
- Archibald B FEE born 8 Feb 1860 died 1 May 1945 in Lee County, Virginia; married #1 Roda CARPENTER born ca 1861 and #2 (9 Oct) 1894 Elizabeth "Lizzie" WILSON/MUNCY born Jun 1879 and #3 1902 Susan HALL born 22 Mar 1885 died 7 Mar 1959. The family moved to Lee County Virginia and he and his third wife are buried at Hagan VA. At his death, his little sister Jane was
the only surviving sibling.
- Isabelle FEE born ca Jan 1880 married Nathan Thomas GIBBONS (get 1900 census household)
- Creed S FEE born 22 Feb 1882 died 22 May 1950 married Alice McCONNELL
- Mary J FEE born 3 Mar 1884 died 12 Oct 1913 buried at Hagan VA; married --?-- SCOTT
- William Scott FEE born 18 Sep 1886 died 1958 buried at Hagan VA married 9 Nov 1913 Lee VA to Nettie McCONNELL daughter of James & Rebecca McCONNELL
- Charles FEE (?married Louanna SKIDMORE); of Indiana in 1981
- Mabel FEE born 2 Feb 1909 died 26 Jun 1981 buried Day Cemetery at Cranks; married Milton DAY
- John FEE born 15 Feb 1912
- Cora FEE born 17 Jul 1914 married --?-- SHORT
- Adison FEE of Indian 1981
- Clarence Fee born 6 Feb 1917; of Alabama 1981
- Hazel FEE married --?-- ELDRIDGE; of Jonesville VA 1981
- Hiram H FEE born 6 Aug 1890 married 25 Dec 1912 Lee VA to Mandy BLANKENSHIP daughter of Charles & Margaret BLANKENSHIP
- Laura J FEE born 23 Mar 1893
- Bertha FEE born 8 Feb 1896 married 18 Jun 1914 Lee VA Edgar INGLE son of Wesley & Susan INGLE
- Stephen W FEE born Sep ca 1898
- Betsy FEE born April 1900 (died young?)
- Babb FEE born ca 1905 married 1927 Delia PACE born ca 1906
- Elisha Estes FEE born ca 1908 married Alkie McCONNELL born 1909
- Denver Lee FEE born 1927 married 1949 H* Charlene CROWELL
- Velma Ruth FEE born 1930 married Harold ELY
- Rebecca Gaynell FEE born 17 Jun 1933 married Eugene GILBERT born 2 May 1929 son of John Everett and Alice GILBERT GILBERT
- Joyce Wyvonne FEE born 1936 married Robert WILSON
- Eads FEE born 1943 married Robert MARCUM
- Russell FEE married Helen; living Rose Hill 1945
- Harmon FEE
- Houston FEE
- Lester FEE
- Della FEE
- Alice "Cora" FEE born 1922 Lee married 1943 Claude PAYNE
- Kathryn FEE born ca 1927 married Harold SELLARS
- Jane FEE born 28 Jun 1862 died 13 Apr 1951 in Harlan County; married 29 Apr 1882 in Harlan to Elijah L BURKHART born about 1860 and died 8 May 1898, the son of Walter and Emily [LEDFORD STEPP HELTON] BURKHART. Elijah married #1 14 Apr 1876 Nancy CALLAHAN
- Lydia Ann BURKHART born Feb 1883 married ca 1899 Harmon HELTON born Jul 1880
- Emily BURKHART born January 1885
- George BURKHART died young
- Stephen Byrd BURKHART born 22 November 1887 died 1972 married 16 May 1915 at Wallins Creek to Serena Lucretia LONG born 2 feb 1896 died 1972 daughter of Green Clarke & Versilla OSBORNE LONG
- Walter BURKHART born March 1890
- Noble BURKHART born December 1896
1. Harlan CONNECTIONS #2416
2. marriage date is from 1900 census, they may have married in Perry County
3. Settlement of T S Fee's estate was made 16 Aug 1921 (Bk 2 pg 48): W D Fee, guardian for Orlie and Mary Nannie; N H Fee, auctioneer; Martha Brittain cooked and washed.
4. per delayed birth certificate filed in 1943, Lizzie was their first child, born 29 May 1901. There is probably a four year discrepancy and correct date is 29 May 1897.