Saskatchewan Genealogical Society
Welcome To The Moose Jaw Branch
St Aidan's Church Cemetery
R.M. of Moose Jaw #161, NW 31-17-25 W2 Ext 26
Located 6 miles north on #2 highway and 4 miles east, of corner of Caribou and Main Moose Jaw SK
Frederick Stuart Brandon
Muriel & Myrtle Davey (Tuxford book states born 1908 died at 3mo on same day)
John Lloyd Davey (Tuxford book states born 1911 died 1 wk)
Ralph Davey (Tuxford book states born 1912 died at a few weeks)
Richard Stewart Davey
Pearl Elizabeth Moore
Mr. Howell 1925 ( moved to Rosedale Cemetery)
Mrs. Roberts 1926 (moved to Rosedale Cemetery)
The opening of St Aidan's Church at Chester, Sask occurred on 2 August 1903 at the farm of Mr. W. J. Carter
Regular services came to an end in 1929
During the 1930's blow dirt covered the early graves and as most were without stones and no plan seemed to exist the exact locations of burials were lost. The original cemetery reverted back to farmers field even though the bodies of the children were not relocated. This land is still owned by "The Synod of the Diocese of Fort Qu'Appelle"
A monument was put in the Rosedale Cemetery 22 October 1954 in memory of the children buried at St Aidan's Church Cemetery, Chester, Sask 1906-1912
In 1954 The old church building was moved to Regina where altered and added to it served a north side parish.
Source of information:
Moose Jaw Public Library Archives: newspaper article written by Leith Knight in the Moose Jaw Times Herald 18 December 1966 & copies of the Diocesan Newspaper
Headstone: Moose Jaw Rosedale Cemetery Grave 1 Lot 77 Block 3A
ISC of Saskatchewan: NW 31-17-25 W2 Ext 26
Tuxford History Book: "Heritage of the Wheatland's"
For problems or questions regarding this Web site contact