William G. Gammon was an early businessman of Jonesborough, and attempted in 1839 to start a glass manufacturing company under the name of Williams, Vance and Company (it never materialized). He was a trustee of the Jonesboro Cemetery when it expanded in the mid 1850s.
In 1848 William G. Gammon was among those in charge of stock subscriptions for the East Tennessee and Virginia Railroad in Jonesborough.
One of the best examples of Jonesborough's stepped gables may be found on this Federal-style dwelling. It once housed on its ground floor a small private bank.
We honor the owner's request that a photograph not be shown.
Background design provided by: By The Sea Enterprises