Old Jonesboro Cemetery
"Rocky Hill" Cemetery
217 East Main Street
Circa 1803
With no church in Jonesborough and no town lot large enough to accomodate a cemetery, the town commissioners purchased a small parcel of land on West Main Street from Patrick Long in 1803.  In 1848 additional land was purchased surrounding the original plot.  The "Old Jonesboro Cemetery" continued to serve the town until the end of the century.

Back to Historic Tour

Back to Jonesborough TNGenWeb

Back to Washington County TNGenWeb



Background design provided by: By The Sea Enterprises