GENEALOGY AND TENNESSEE ©
MY DANIEL LINE:
The material provided on this page is for personal genealogical research only and may not be copied nor used in any manner without the express consent of the contributor.
The following Daniel information is copyrighted by Nancy P. Goodman.
Other queries or information published for other contributors remain their own property and are held by copyright laws in their behalf.
Joseph Turner Daniel, born 1783 NC, married Charlotte Earl. They came to Dickson County TN from NC in 1839. Their children:
Wm Richard Daniel, mar Rebecca Pendergrass; he also married Rebecca Allen;
Joseph Crawford Daniel mar. Mary Loggins;
Sara Daniel mar. L. Carroll;
Elizabeth Jane DANIEL, mar to David Jones II; (my line)
Mary Joyce Daniel; born about 1830?;
John Robt Daniel mar. Mrs. Sara Gray;
Willoughby Daniel mar Mary Hagewood; and
Geo Washington Daniel mar. Martha Ann Loggins; she and Mary Loggins who
mar Joseph Crawford Daniel were sisters; I have a contact with a desc. She
is Ouidabel Corlew who lives in Dickson.
1. Joseph Turner DANIEL was born in 1783 in NC; came to Dickson Co TN from NC in 1839. The Daniel family came to Tennessee from North Carolina in 1839.He married Charlotte EARL. Charlotte EARL was born in 1785 or born 1789.They had the following children:
+2 i. William Richard DANIEL
+3 ii. Sara DANIEL
+4 iii. John Robert DANIEL
+5 iv. Willoughby H. DANIEL
+6 v. Joseph Crawford DANIEL
+7 vi. Elizabeth Jane DANIEL
8 vii. Mary Joyce DANIEL was born about 1830 ?.
+9 viii. George Washington DANIEL (1)
2. William Richard DANIEL He married Rebecca ALLEN.
He also married Rebecca PENDERGRASS.
3. Sara DANIEL She married L. CARROLL.
4. John Robert DANIEL He married Sara, Mrs. GRAY.
5. Willoughby H. DANIEL He married Mary P. HAGEWOOD on 16 Dec 1860 in Cheatham Co, TN. Mary P. HAGEWOOD was born on 29 Aug 1842 in TN. Died on 27 Oct 1862.
6. Joseph Crawford DANIEL was born in 1825 in about 1825 ?. He married Mary LOGGINS. Sister of Martha Ann Loggins who married George Washington Daniel.
7. Elizabeth Jane DANIEL was born on 20 Apr 1827. Died on 19 Dec 1861.
She married David JONES III. They had the following child.
among others, not listed here:
+10 i. John Sandridge JONES (my line)
9. George Washington DANIEL (1) was born in 1832. Died in 1904. He married Martha Ann LOGGINS. Sister of Mary Loggins, who married Joseph Crawford Daniel.They had the following children:
+11 i. Nannie Charlotte DANIEL
+12 ii. Mollie DANIEL
+13 iii. William Robert DANIEL
10. John Sandridge JONES He married Martha WEAKLEY.They had the following
child, among others not listed:
+14 i. Annie Elizabeth JONES (my line)
11. Nannie Charlotte DANIEL She married James St. Clair SCOTT. They had the following children:
15 i. Ann Elizabeth SCOTT was born on 19 Mar 1885. Died in Jul 1964.
16 ii. Mary Mondora SCOTT was born on 16 Apr 1887. Died on 24 Jun 1962.
17 iii. Dorothy Dotson SCOTT was born on 18 Mar 1890. Died on 8 Oct 1973.
18 iv. George Thurman SCOTT was born on 25 Apr 1892. Died on 11 Nov 1983.
19 v. Bailey Beatrice SCOTT was born on 23 Oct 1894. Died on 16 Dec 1981.
20 vi. Henry Thomas SCOTT was born on 29 Apr 1898. Died on 24 Jul 1982.
21 vii. Sidney SCOTT was born on 17 Sep 1901.
22 viii. Jesse Daniel SCOTT was born on 21 Dec 1904. Died on 11 Sep 1978.
23 ix. Robert Franklin SCOTT was born on 5 Aug 1907.
+24 x. Lura Agnes SCOTT
12. Mollie DANIEL was born in 1870. Died in 1935. She married John William "Billy" WYATT. John William "Billy" WYATT was born in 1865. Died in 1928. First rural mail carrier from the Collinsville Post Office, later to be the Southside Post Office. Source: CABINS TO CASTLES, by Eleanor S. Williams, pg 75.They had the following children:
+25 i. Sterling WYATT
+26 ii. Lillian WYATT
+27 iii. Elijah WYATT
28 iv. James Louis WYATT
29 v. Robert Dudley WYATT
30 vi. William Joseph WYATT
31 vii. Walter Steele WYATT
13. William Robert DANIEL was born in 1872 in 1931. He married Lavenia Agnes NESBIT on 18 Jan 1900. Lavenia Agnes NESBIT was born in 1877. Died in 1960. They had the following children:
32 i. Beryl Jackson DANIEL was born in Feb 1901. Died in 1903.
33 ii. Joseph Leroy DANIEL was born in Oct 1903. Died in 1904.
34 iii. Allen Nesbit DANIEL was born on 16 Jan 1905.
+35 iv. Martha Doris DANIEL
36 v. Mary Rebecca DANIEL was born on 4 Oct 1909.
37 vi. Robert Edwin DANIEL was born on 30 Oct 1911. Died on 7 Apr 1944 in WW II.
38 vii. Hugh Harris DANIEL was born on 16 Sep 1915.
39 viii. Elijah Washington DANIEL (2) was born on 28 Nov 1917.
40 ix. Nellie Marshal DANIEL was born on 15 Feb 1920.
14. Annie Elizabeth JONES She married Moore PHILLIPS on 15 Apr 1891 in Cheatham Co, TN. Moore PHILLIPS was born on 1 Dec 1869 in TN. Died on 2 Feb 1947. Buried in Rocksprings Cem;.They had the following children:
+41 i. Ernest PHILLIPS
+42 ii. Noel PHILLIPS
+43 iii. John PHILLIPS
44 iv. Ethel PHILLIPS
+45 v. Merrill (Bud) PHILLIPS
46 vi. Mabel PHILLIPS
+47 vii. Vera PHILLIPS
+48 viii. Martha Ann (Mattie) PHILLIPS
+49 ix. Ellen Almedia PHILLIPS
+50 x. Eva Alvida PHILLIPS
+51 xi. Calvin Nesbit PHILLIPS Sr. Twin (my father)
+52 xii. Alvin Niblett PHILLIPS Twin
24. Lura Agnes SCOTT was born on 5 Aug 1911.She married John MATTHEWS.
25. Sterling WYATT He married Sadie HARVEY.They had the following
+53 i. Brandon WYATT
26. Lillian WYATT She married Sid HARPER.
27. Elijah WYATT [S2]. Served as postmaster at Southside from 1 Jan 1949
until 31 Oct 1969. He married Ollie DAWSON.They had the following children:
+54 i. William Everett WYATT
35. Martha Doris DANIEL was born on 11 Jun 1907. Cumberland Furnace, TN
37051. She married Thomas TALLEY. Thomas TALLEY was born on 14 Apr 1901.
Died on 17 Dec 1971. Buried in Rye's Chapel United Methodist Church Cemetery.They
had the following children:
+55 i. Lida TALLEY
41. Ernest PHILLIPS He married Hattie FREEMAN. They had the following
+56 i. Laura PHILLIPS
57 ii. Ralph PHILLIPS
58 iii. Thomas PHILLIPS
42. Noel PHILLIPS He married Lillian PROCTOR. They had the following
children: 59 i. Leroy PHILLIPS
+60 ii. Cheryl PHILLIPS
43. John PHILLIPS He married ? (PHILLIPS).They had the following
61 i. Joseph PHILLIPS
62 ii. Juanita Louise PHILLIPS
45. Merrill (Bud) PHILLIPS was born on 15 Jan 1894 in TN. Died on 15 Oct 1976 in Michigan. Retired from Chrysler Corp in Detroit, Michigan. Retired in Detroit, MI from Chrysler Corp.He married Emogene HARRIS. Emogene HARRIS was born on 12 Feb 1907.They had the following children:
63 i. Cecil Fay PHILLIPS
+64 ii. Merrill Jean PHILLIPS
65 iii. Bonnie PHILLIPS
66 iv. Tommy PHILLIPS
47. Vera PHILLIPS She married Ernest FRAZIER.They had the following children:
67 i. Philip FRAZIER, died in Korean War.
+68 ii. Annie Lura FRAZIER
+69 iii. Mary Grace FRAZIER
70 iv. Pauline FRAZIER
+71 v. Lucy Jane FRAZIER
48. Martha Ann (Mattie) PHILLIPS She married Henry Horace DAVIS.They had the following children:
72 i. Betty Ann DAVIS
73 ii. Bill DAVIS
74 iii. Mickey DAVIS
49. Ellen Almedia PHILLIPS. No children. She married Relious Clifton GROVES.
50. Eva Alvida PHILLIPS was born on 24 Dec 1895. Died on 22 Sep 1978. Buried in Rocksprings Cemetery.She married Lesbia Columbus HAGEWOOD on 24 Dec 1915 in Dickson Co, TN. Lesbia Columbus HAGEWOOD was born on 2 Feb 1896 in Dickson Co, TN. Died on 7 Oct 1969. Buried in Rocksprings Cemetery. They had the following children:
75 i. Polly E. HAGEWOOD was born on 29 Sep 1916. Died on 11 Oct 1920 in Rocksprings Cem.
76 ii. Robert Lee HAGEWOOD was born on 25 Feb 1919. Died on 1 Mar 1920. Buried in Rocksprings Cemetery.
+77 iii. Dorothy May HAGEWOOD
+78 iv. Lesbia Columbus HAGEWOOD Jr.
+79 v. Mary Christine HAGEWOOD
51. Calvin Nesbit PHILLIPS Sr. Twin was born on 4 Jul 1911 in Cheatham County, Tennessee. 4 Jul 1911. Baptized. He was a member of the Rock Springs Freewill Baptist Church in Southside, Tennesseee. Died on 31 Mar 1983 in Dickson County, Tennessee. Buried in Houston County, Tennessee. He married Annie Lizzie LYNCH in 1933 in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Annie Lizzie LYNCH was born on 9 Oct 1909 in Smith County, TN. They had the following children:
+80 i. Laura Ann PHILLIPS
81 ii. Calvin Nesbit PHILLIPS Jr was born on 8 Aug 1935 in Neptune, Cheatham, Tennessee. Died on 29 Dec 1992 in Nashville, Davidson, Tennessee.
+82 iii. Kay Maurine PHILLIPS
+83 iv. Eugene Moore PHILLIPS
84 v. Gaynell PHILLIPS was born on 13 Jul 1939 in Stewart, Houston, Tennessee.
85 vi. Bonnie Willodean PHILLIPS was born on 13 Jan 1941 in Stewart, Houston, Tennessee.
+86 vii. **Nancy Sigalee PHILLIPS, married Billy Houston Goodman
52. Alvin Niblett PHILLIPS (Twin) was born on 4 Jul 1911. He married Lucy SINKS. They had the following children:
+87 i. William Moore PHILLIPS
+88 ii. Carol PHILLIPS
53. Brandon WYATT He married Louise (WYATT).
54. William Everett WYATT was born in 1935. Died on 16 Jun 1969.He married
Judy PROCTOR.They had the following children:
89 i. Beverly Shea WYATT
55. Lida TALLEY She married Charles WETESNIK.
1. Doris Daniel Talley
2. CABINS TO CASTLES by Eleanor S. Williams; pages 73-75.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (James E. Smotherman)
I just found your genealogy pages for the first time. It is all very interesting and well done.
I would like to ask you to keep an eye out for my families which may connect to yours:
CLEMMONS--I believe John Clemmons who married Jane Pullen/Pulley in 1808 in Wilson Co, TN in 1808 may be my husband's ancestor--think she may be the Jane Clemens in Bedford Co, TN, dist 10, 1840 census and the Jane Clements living with George Clements in Davidson Co, TN in 1850. I would like to know if anyone else claims that John and Jane Clemmons and has ideas about where they went that conflict with my idea.
DANIEL--James Daniel (married Elizabeth Ragan), John Daniel (married Elizabeth Taylor) and Woodson Daniel (married Mary Smith) all appeared in the Yellow Creek area of Dickson Co, TN not later than the 1820 census. I think they are brothers, need their parents' names.
Any help you can give me will be most gratefully acknowledged.
Carolyn Odle Smotherman
Subj: Re: Clemmons/Daniel
From: email@example.com (James E. Smotherman)
Thanks a lot for posting my message. Either address is OK. I receive a lot of mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, so check that at least once, sometimes several times, a day. This one is new and I will probably be checking it more often as I receive more mail here.
Carolyn Odle Smotherman
Subj: HYDE QUERY Date: 9/19/98
From: email@example.com (Justin Beasley)
Need any information on Benjamin Hyde born ca: 1821 in North Carolina married
Nancy ? born ca: 1826 in North Carolina. Children..John S HYDE, William HYDE
(my line) Cornelia M HYDE, Elizabeth A born ca: 1849 in Polk County TN. Benjamin
ca: 1850, David D ca:1853 Humphrey ca 1856. Children of William Hyde, Charity
HYDE DOSS, Benjamin Hyde born June 14 1820, I. H. Hyde born March 14, 1872,
Mary Jane HYDE DANIEL, Samatha Coralee HYDE DULHAM or DUDHAM, Polly HYDE
LUCUS. Benjamin and Nancy HYDE are on the 1850 and 1860 Polk County TN census
and I can not find them or their children after that...
Subj: Daniel Date: 9/1/98
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Vickie Lomon)
To: Genny1@aol.com ('Genny1@aol.com')
I am looking for information on a William Daniel, born 1799 Virginia, he
moved I guess with his parents to Grainger county Tennesee , He married a
Martha Mayes in Grainger in the year of 1821, they had a son named John Daniel
in the year of 1824 or 1823, he married a woman in Grainger county by the
name of Mary Jefferys in 1842, they had two daughters born there a Martha
and a Melivina, they they moved to Benton county, Ark. where they had other
chldren by the name of John, James, Henry, Rachell, Nancy, Daniel Payton
Daniel, and a Joesph,
I found this on the 1850 Benton county ARK census, living next door to them was a William Daniel with wife Martha with children by the names of Rachell, William, Martha, Mary and James. Any information on this line would be greatly appreciated.
Daniel, Daniels, Reagan, Ragan : Judy Player -- Sat, 03 Oct 1998
Surnames: Daniel, Daniels, Reagan, Ragan, King, Magill, Duncan
King : Conchita M. Ballard -- Sun, 24 Jan 1999
KING Query - Roane Co. : Judy Player -- Sun, 24 Jan 1999
DANIELS Family : Betty Young Bray -- Sat, 10 Oct 1998
Surnames: DANIELS, CHILDS
Daniel, Daniels, Reagan, Ragan
Posted by Judy Player <email@example.com> on Sat, 03 Oct 1998, in response to Roan Co. dANIEL(S) Search, posted by Lynn Sheppa on Wed, 23 Sep 1998
Surnames: Daniel, Daniels, Reagan, Ragan, King, Magill, Duncan
I am a descendant of the Jeremiah Daniel you are inquiring about and have done extensive research. I'm anxious to hear from you! You are the first of the Daniel family line (other than a close cousin) to inquire about them.
I SAW YOUR DANIELS PAGE. I LIVE IN DICKSON COUNTY AND WE HAVE RECENTLY MOVED
TO THE FARM. I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING OUR PROPERTY TO LEARN THE HISTORY ABOUT
IT. APPARENTLY THERE WAS ONCE A TOWN HERE CALLED "DANIELSVILLE" AND IT EVEN
HAD A POST OFFICE I'VE BEEN TOLD. THE AREA IS BETWEEN YELLOWCREEK ROAD AND
SYLVIA ROAD JUST OUTSIDE OF VANLEER TENNESSEE. DO YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE ANY
INFO ON THIS TOWN? THE LADY ON THE FARM NEXT TO OURS IS ALSO RESEARCHING
THE HISTORY OF THEIR PLACE AND SHE TOLD ME THERE WAS AN OLD CEMETARY ON THEIR
PLACE, ALL THE LAST NAMES WERE "ELLIS". THANKS FOR ANYTHING YOU CAN TELL