Baileyton

 
 

Baileyton was originally called Laurel Gap, the Baileyton area was first settled in 1776. The name Baileyton stems from two brothers who lived there: Claudius and Thomas P. Bailey. Thomas Bailey received a land grant in Greene County on 1 Sep 1788.  He married Elizabeth Weems and was buried in Bailey Cemetery (died June 26, 1832). Claudius Bailey received a land in Greene County on September 20, 1787.