Search billions of records on




Chuckey is named after the Nolachuckey River.   It was first called Fullen’s Station after James Fullen who owned the land.  About 1880 a Methodist church was built and at first it was called Alice's Chapel, the name was later changed to Chuckey.  About the same time Wesleyn Academy was built (also called Warren College).  The Chuckey Depot was built about 1904 by Southern Railway.  After sitting vacant for a number of years, the depot was dismantled and moved to Jonesborough.  There are plans for the restoration of the station.  The Post Office/Bank building sat  just behind the depot.  In 1914 the property was sold to the county and it became Chuckey High School.