This building was built in 1839 or 1840 as the East Tennessee Branch of the Bank of Tennessee. It now houses the Masonic Lodge No. 5, called the Overton Lodge. The Masonic Lodge No. 5 was orgainzed December 14, 1805. It has the distinction of being the oldest lodge in the state in point of continuous operation. This photo was taken in 1930.
Photo courtesy of Tennessee Books & Autographs, Rowan Archives.