Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Tennessee State Flag

Old Battle Creek Baptist Church
(Originally Ebenezer Church - Methodist Episcopal denomination)
Smithtown Kelly's Cove Marion County

Photo submitted by Misty Fulfer
Photo identified by Bob Hookey and Bill McConnell


  16 January 1904

Daniel Vinsant transferred to Daniel Vinsant, John Smith, T. J. Smith,
James Kelly, Robert Smith, Leon Burk and William Gilliam, Trustees
and their successors in office forever the following described real estate
situated in the 11th civil district of Marion County, Tenn, and bounded as
follows:

Beginning at the Battle Creek road on the Lowery Reservation line running
west 12 poles to O. P. Gilliam's corner; thence north 13 poles to O. P. Gilliam's
northeast corner; thence east to the Battle Creek road; then south with said
road to the beginning. Hand written is another sentence, Twenty feet on the
South boundary line is not to be enclosed by fence.

For the use and benefit of the Ministry and membership of
the Methodist Episcopal Church in the United States of America.

 P. H. Thach of the firm of Tatum & Thach, Lawyers, Jasper,
Tenn., notarized the deed.

 S. C. Byrne  Register of Marion County.

"This deed is referring to the church earlier known as Ebenezer Methodist
Episcopal Church which later it became a chapel of Highland Park Baptist Church
and was called Battle Creek Baptist"

 

Additional information by Ida Smith and Carl Downs

 

Flowers

Your Marion County Coordinator is

Betty McBee

return Return To Area Photos Main Page

return Return To Marion County Home Page

 

July 13 2008