These Photos Graciously Submitted by John Waggoner Jr.
Any Comments or Questions
Cornwell's Chapel Missionary Baptist Church
This photo of Cornwell's Chapel Missionary Baptist Church was made shortly before it was torn down. It
was destroyed because of the impoundment of the Cordell Hull Lake. The church, constituted in 1879, was
built by Elijah W. Cornwell and was named for him. His wife was of a different faith therefore he built the
Montrose Church of Christ for her. They were so close that the two churches shared the same parking lot.
Both of these churches rebuilt in the Defeated Creek area but they are now on opposite sides of the lake.
The New Church Pictures are below.
Go To Montrose Church of Christ Pictures
Back To Churches Index