Dixon's Creek Missionary Baptist Church
The Dixon's Creek Missionary Church is located near Cato in Trousdale Co
that was part of Smith County until 1870. This church was organized on
March 8,1800 at a time when Tennessee had just became a state and Smith
Co had just been formed from Sumner Co. in 1799. William Martin was one
of the founders and he donated land to build the church near his home.
In later years the church seperated and another Dixon's Creek Missionary
Baptist was built a short distance away at Cato.
For futher information read 162 Years of Middle Tennessee Baptist by R.D. Brooks.