Elder D. E. Morris, Cave City, Barren County, Ky., is of Scotch-Irish descent. He is medium height and size, with a red complextion. He is the son of Elder James and Nancy Morris (both born in North Carolina). He was born in Sumner County, Tennessee, on Bledsoe's Creek, December 10, 1843. He was brought up on a farm in Simpson County, Kentucky, till he was fifteen. He made profession at Wartrace Camp Ground, Jackson County, Tennessee, and joined the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, in 1860. He lived with the Methodist till January 13, 1900 (taking ministerial orders among them), when he united with Liberty Baptist Church, Macon County, Tennessee, and was baptized by Elder J. B. R. Knight. He was ordained at the instance of said church on second Saturday in February, 1900, by a presbytery of this and other churches. He was pastor of little Hope Church, near Mammoth Cave, Ky., in 1900. He was educated at New Middleton, Smith County, Tennessee, under Professor Hamilton, graduating in 1872. He has done a great deal of teaching, written extensively for newspapers, and lectured on scientific subjects. He was married to Miss Lizzie Bennett, of Red Boiling Springs, December 30, 1873. She died October 18, 1893. He was again married to Mary Lambert, of Ohio, December 28, 1892. She died October 18, 18903 (*this reprint in dates must be an error). He was again married, to Mrs. Lizzie Montgomery, daughter of J. R. Hibbit, of Rome, Tenn., by whom he has three children- two boys and one girl.