Transcribed by Valerie Humphrey Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Presley, 1918
Place of Death: Sumner County, TN, Civil Dist.: 6
Death Certificate Number:
Registration District No. 48406
Registration Number: 24
- Full Name: Susan Presley
- Sex: Female
- Color or Race: White
- Date of Birth: 1852
- Age at death: 66 yrs
- Occupation: Housewife
- Place of Birth: KY
- Name of Father: Bige Umphrey
- Birthplace of Father: KY
- Maiden Name of Mother: unknown
- Birthplace of Mother:
- Informant: Will Presley, Address: Edenwald, Tenn
- Filed: June, 1918 by G. W. Jackson, Registrar
- Death Date: Apr. 7, 1918
- Cause of Death: heart failure, no Dr.
Signed: G. W. Jackson, Goodlettsville, Tenn.
- Length of Residence: not filled in
- Place of Burial: Goodlettsville, Tenn, Apr. 8, 1918
- Undertaker: J. B. Cole, Goodlettsville, Tenn.
Explanation: Susan was born Maranda Susan Humphrey on September 25, 1854 in Cumberland County, KY to Abigah Humphrey and Mary Margaret Claywell Humphrey (source: Cumberland County, KY Birth Records). She married James M. Presley in January, 1874 in Cumberland County, KY (source: Ancestry.com, Kentucky Marriages, 1852-1914.) James was a blacksmith. They lived in Metcalf Co., KY (1880 census), Macon Co., TN (1900 census), and Bethpage, Sumner Co., TN (1910 and 1920 census).
Return to the Sumner County Main Page
Return to the Death Records