© 1999, Updated 2002, Updated 2009
Andrew Harper (son of John HARPER b. 1740, d. Sept. 1812 and Margaret MORROW) was born October 3
1784 in Anderson Co. South Carolina. Hed died in 1832. Married Betsy Saunders/Sanders b. 1780/1790. Possible 2nd marriage to Mary Lawhorn on February 24, 1831.
Children of Andrew Harper and Betsy Saunders/Sanders are:
- Stephen Harper born 1809 in North Carolina. Died before 1860 in TN. Married Mary Catherine "Nancy" White born 1813. For more information see the Stephen Harper Family contribution.
- Hugh Harper born 1811 in Tennessee. Died in Denton Co. Texas. Married 18 Aug 1829 Wilson Co. TN to Mary
- Jesse Harper born 1813 in Tennessee. Died 1889 in Gallatin County, IL Married 24 Feb 1834 to Mariah Maria Watson. For more information
see the Jesse Harper Family contribution.
- Nancy Harper
- Margaret Harper
- Peggy Harper
- Tyler Harper
- Carroll Harper
- Newton Harper born 1816
- Enos Harper born 1817/1820 in Tennessee. Married 2 Sept 1841 to Mary J. Gilbert. Mary J. was 1st married to John Rice. Enos spent his later years in the
Sumner Co. Poor House. In the 1895 Poor House records he is listed as 78 years old.
- James Harper born 1826 in Tennessee. Married 23 Aug 1850 Sumner Co. TN to Louisa Middleton.
- Elizabeth Harper born Oct 26, 1827 in Tennessee. Died June 16, 1903 in Gallatin County, IL. Married 24 June 1840 to Jesse Sanders.
- Manda Amanda J. Harper born Feb 14, 1829 in Tennessee. Died Feb 16, 1861 in Sumner County, Tennessee. Married 24 Dec 1846 to Henry
Dillion, b. 1819, d. Feb 13,1903.
- Cassandra Harper born 1831 in Tennessee. Married 11 Jan 1852 to James Blazier. They probably died in Gallatin County, IL.
Return to Sumner County, TN Family Album
Return to Sumner County Main Page