Little Brown School House Students - ca. 1911
The school Picture is of the Little Brown School House.
Submitted byOtha Merle Simmons
1st in Oak Grove, Tennesse.
According to Mrs. Ard the land and lumber for it was donated by Jeremiah Jackson Brown.
Also she stated they only attend or held schools for about 2 months twice a year as the kids were needed for crops and in the winter weather was too bad.
All of JJ Browns Kids are in the picture except the oldest Herman.
Mrs Gas mother of Lloyd Barbers 1st wife is in it.
A label with the picture also stated Gray and Hodges boys.
Return to Family Photos Index
Return to Sumner County Main Page