BOOKS and Where to Find Them
Books and Publications on Weakley County, Tennessee
Train Book by Terry Coats -"NEXT
STOP ON GRANDPA’S ROAD -History and Architecture of the NC&St.L
Depots and Terminals" $45 + $6 shipping
Some highlights from the book:
• Over 325 pages; 500 photographs of depot, terminals and other related structure most dating to the turn of the twentieth century. (Including an extensive photo collection from the National Archives in College Park, MD. dated 1916.)
• Photos and information on how the old depots have been reused as offices, homes, businesses, museums, restaurants, and storage.
• A listing of all the depots and other structures located in each town along the route of the NC&St.L Ry.
• Almost 200 pages of the history of the coming and growth of the railroads to the four state area served by the NC&St.L.
• Chronicled are the remaining structures of the NC&St.L Ry. This author took many field trips to photograph and document them.
• See photographs of the train depots of your county and surrounding areas ca. 1916-1960s.
|Laura Willis - Her transcribed records of Weakley County - LOTS of books here, very reasonable prices. Simmons Publications - Check it out - LAURA WILLIS|
|The Weakley County Genealogical Society has several books on Weakley County plus list of publications by Society members that are available. Great reference books! GENEALOGY|
|LEAVES FROM THE WEBB FAMILY TREE,
by James R. Blanks
In past years, I have done much research on Weakley County TN . My late wife, Janice Dean WEBB (1938-1992), has many ancestors that were in Weakley County. After Janice's death, I published a book in her memory, "Leaves from the Webb Family Tree, John WEBB (1720-1771)". published 1993 This book is in 8 1/2 by 11 inch format, 324 pages, full index, and hard cover.
Janice's ancestor, John WEBB III (1773-1831) was a member of the first court in Weakley County TN and was involved in the founding of this county. The Webbs lived in the area around Palmersville. About 200 pages of this book cover various Weakley County families and their descendants. Some of the surnames which crossed the Webb lines include MCWHERTER, BRANN, BROWN, BUCKLEY, PENTECOST, and OLDS.
Cost: $33.00 includes shipping
James R. Blanks
Please submit your favorite genealogy books
about Weakley County
and where to get them with BOOKS in subject line to