|ID# 19868||ORIGINAL USE:Confectionery/Bank||PRESENT USE: Commecial||CURRENT OWNER: South Texas Hill Country|
|OWNERS: H.J. Graham - Hugo Adam Family-Pegram Family||LOCATION: Original Town Lot # 28||DATE: 1908 Style/Period: Romanesque||HISTORIC DESIGNATION: NO|
|BUILDER: H.J. GRAHAM||CONSTRUCTED OF: NATIVE ROCK, FLAT ROOF, STORE WINDOWS||CONDITION: Good||DESCRIPTION: One story ornate rock work with arched windows|
HISTORY: Photo in file shows the building with a sign in front
of Fabra's Confectionary. That was during WWI which ended in 1918. The Citizen
State Bank was established here after the confectionary closed. The bank
operated from 1921 to 1931, when the bank folded.
The building was used for storing Adler's Grocery goods until Adler's new store was built.
It was later used by the San Antonio Public Service Co., a privately held corporation serving San Antonio and surrounding counties. This local office was managed by Arno Richter; office staff was Maurine McFarland; Otto Uecker and Pete Stahl were employees also. The City of Boerne bought the local share of the San Antonio Public Service, continuing to operate in the same building with the same staff until the old school on Blanco St. was purchased by the City.[Source of this paragraph: Edgar Schwarz, Jr.]
In the 1950's-70's the building was used as by Arlon Rust, plymouth/dodge dealer; by Mrs. Mina (Evelyn) Adams as a fabric shop, managed by Leona Adams.
After the Pegram family bought the building it was rented to Perk's TV, then to a church for temporary services, then to St. George and the Dragon Antiques.
It is now owned by Easton Logan.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.
Please Press your Browser's Button to Return to Main Page