|ID# 20346||ORIGINAL USE: Store||PRESENT USE: None||CURRENT OWNER: Barbara Freasier||OWNERS: John Joseph Prokop, Easton, Olga Morrison||LOCATION: Cheevers Addition Lot #1||DATE:c1920 Style/Period: Pressed tin||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: Eligible|
|BUILDER: unknown||CONDITION: Fair||CONSTRUCTED OF: Pressed tin; flat roof; store windows||DESCRIPTION: Typical rectangular store building with decorative front above the flat roof. Windows designed for diplay.|
HISTORY:This building was known as the Old Beckmann Store. Mr.
Prokop operated a shoe repair shop here approximately 1925-1930. He lived in a
house behind the store which burned down in 1959. Mr. Prokop was killed in the
fire. His daughter, Olga Morrison, became owner of the building.
[Note: the building would have been very near the railroad station in the 1920's, making this an obvious place for a business. Since the railroad era it has been relegated to the back streets of town.]
Source: Boerne Public Library files.