H.O. Adler Building in the 1920s
Bergmann Lumber, 1956-1999
|ID# 19867||ORIGINAL USE: General Store/Residence||PRESENT USE: Bergmann Lumber Co.||CURRENT OWNER: Randy Bergmann|
|OWNERS:H.O. Adler; Edgar Bergmann||ADDITION: Original Town Lot LOT#:28||DATE: 1911 Style/Period: Victorian||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO|
|BUILDERS: Max Krause-Schweppe- Gombert||CONSTRUCTED OF: Brick||CONDITION: Good||DESCRIPTION: Two story, flat roof, store windows.|
HISTORY: The original H.O. Adler Building was built in 1902. It
was a one-story, wooden frame building. The small building was replaced by the
current two-story building. The Adler family resided on the second floor while
operating a general store on the first floor.
The building was purchased by Edgar Bergmann in 1969. The Bergmann family is still operating the Bergmann Lumber Co. at this location.
Source: Boerne Public Library files-May 1999