|ID#||ORIGINAL USE: Commercial||PRESENT USE: Commercial||CURRENT OWNER:|
|OWNERS: Archie & Alice Gerfers||LOCATION: Town Lot : #||DATE: c1954 Style/Period:Commercial||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO|
|BUILDER: unknown||CONSTRUCTED OF: Wood||DESCRIPTION: Rectangular, commercial building.||CONDITION: Fair|
HISTORY: BIGS Grocery and Sporting Goods opened at this location in 1954. It was owned by Mrs. Archie Gerfers until 1978. Mrs. Gerfers kept it open a several years after Mr. Gerfers' death, then she sold the business to Mrs. Donald (Diane Nagel) Backer. Later Johnny Pfeiffer took part of the building for a feed store. A pet shop occupies the other part of the building.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.- May, 1999