HISTORY: Elizabeth and George Calvert migrated to this property about 1879 from England. They built a home with several out buildings. These out-buildings were built of native rock and thus, have withstood the ravages of time. The house they lived in did not survive. A cemetery on the property holds the graves of James Calvert, a Spanish American War veteran. Several others buried in the cemetery are listed in the BAHPS Cemetery Book and also the Bexar County TEXGenWeb Tombstone Archives. In 1994 the property was owned by Del Baker who sought a buyer for the remaining buildings. He hoped they could be torn down and reassembled on other property. The outcome has not been recorded in these files.
Source: Boerne Public Library files, February, 2000.