onemainplaza

OLD FIRE STATION-POOL-CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BUILDING
One Main Plaza
Library File #24.1
ID ORIGINAL USE: Fire Station PRESENT USE: Restroom Area CURRENT OWNER: City of Boerne
OWNERS:City of Boerne LOCATION: DATE: - Style/Period: Commercial HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO
BUILDERS: CONSTRUCTED OF: CONDITION: Torn Down DESCRIPTION: .

HISTORY: Boerne's first waterworks and firehouse, and Boerne Public Library which is now home to the Chamber of Commerce, is on the west side of Main Plaza. In 1952 the Boerne Public Library was established by the Boerne Grange in the rooms now occupied by the Chamber of Commerce. The Fire Department occupied the other parts of the building. At the south end of the building there is a city well with a stone well house. Behind the building the city had a public swimming pool which no longer operates since a new pool was built at the City Park circa 1973.

UPDATE January 2006. This building was torn down in 2004 and replaced with a public restroom facility.

Source: Catharine Schwarz

Please Press your Browser's Button to Return to Main Page