CHARLES HEINRICH BERGMANN RANCH HOUSE
Upper Cibolo Road, Boerne
Library File # 300.095
OWNERS: Bergmann Family RURAL DATE: c1908 Style/Period: Pioneer Rock, German
BUILDER: Charles H. Bergmann CONSTRUCTED OF: Wood and Rock DESCRIPTION:One and one-half story, rock and wood; porch on front.

HISTORY: Charles Henry Bergmann came to the area from Germany. He bought this 185 acres of land from Ferdinand Zoeller in 1891 (Kendall County Deed Records, Vol. 12, p 359 copy in file) He built this house on a portion of the land. He married Pauline Vogt. Their family of three boys and three girls grew up here. The children were: George William, Otto Heinrich, Louis Adolph, Emilie Luise, Ella and Pauline. The farm has been registered with the Texas Family Land Heritage Program which means that this land was continuously occupied by the same family for 100 years. At this time, Walter Bergmann and family own the property. Walter is the son of Louis Adolph.

Please Press your Browser's Button to Return to Main Page