|OWNERS: Boerne School District||ADDITION: Kuhlmann-Ryan LOTS: #119, 120||DATE: 1910 Style/Period: Schoolhouse|
|BUILDERS: Boerne School||CONSTRUCTED OF: Stone||DESCRIPTION: Two story stone, three parts with central portion projecting from main body of buildings and insets between three main blocks; full basement on south side exposed, hipped roof with multi-chimneys, windows in series of four, except for 2nd story central portion which has three semi-circular transoms; bay insets between have stone arches over entrances with slightly projecting porch, and solid balustrade above and stairs from ground level, standing seam metal roof. rubble, symmetrical with porch across front, chimneys at both ends, 2 over 2 windows, two doors at front and back, large stone lintels, no sills.|
HISTORY: The building was built in 1910 to house the children's classrooms. It was used continuously for that purpose until it sold to the City of Boerne in 1951. Since that time the building has been used for offices for the City of Boerne Utilities and Administration. The interior of the building has been remodeled several times but has not been drastically changed structurally.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.- May, 1999
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page