|OWNERS: San Antonio & Aransas Pass Railway Co.; Paul Dreiss||ADDITION: Part of Boerne Outlot LOT: #55||DATE: c1906 Style/Period: Victorian|
|BUILDER:||CONSTRUCTED OF: Board & batten; shingle roof; 6 x 6 windows||DESCRIPTION: One story railroad depot; 24' x 62', wooden frame.|
HISTORY:The San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railroad
arrived in Boerne on March 17 1887, but the Depot wasn't built
until 1906. The depot building
was sold to Paul Dreiss, a Comfort resident in 1959 and all the
railroad tracks have been
removed. The depot stood at the end of James and Rosewood streets
in the east part of the City
In 1959 the Jim Witten family moved part of the depot to 529 East Bandera Street in Boerne. It was incorporated into a dwelling. The other smaller part was moved to 1107 S. Main at the corner of Oak Park Street and is part of a business building.
Source: Boerne Public Library files;
More information on the history of the SA & AP Railway can be found in the small booklet by S. G. Reed, "A HISTORY OF THE TEXAS RAILROADS". See: Boerne Public Library file on RAILROADS.
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page.