ebensgeorge

EBENSBERGER, (GEORGE) HOUSE
725 N. Main
Library File #4
ID # 19842 ORIGINAL USE: Home PRESENT USE: Commercial CURRENT OWNER: Dashiell Properties
OWNERS: George Ebensberger, Dr. Bob Potter, Drs. Billy & Joann Ryan LOCATION: Original Townlot LOTS: #16 DATE: c1957 Style/Period: Traditional HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO
BUILDER: George Ebensberger CONSTRUCTED OF: Wood, brick; Shingle roof CONDITION: Good DESCRIPTION: Large, one story, rectangular traditional home of the late 1950's with attached garage and covered patio built on large lot.

HISTORY: This house was built by George and Dora (Dokie) Ebensberger in 1957. George continued the management of Ebensberger Funeral Home which had been in the family for two generations. Mrs. Ebensberger discovered she had ovarian cancer. This was at a time when very few survived a cancer of any kind. She enjoyed her new home for only a few years but those years were filled activities with her husband and four children and her many loving friends who helped her fill her last hours with fun and laughter. Dokie died in June of 1960.

The family remained in this house for a number of years, then it was sold to Dr. Bob Potter who converted it to an office building. Dr. Potter also built a smaller frame house on the lot joining on the south which he used for his Dentistry. Since that time both houses have been used for various businesses. The Ebensberger House is now owned by Drs. Billy and Joann Ryan, chiropractors. Dr. Potter's building is owned by Edgar Schwarz, Jr., engineer and surveyor.

Source: Boerne Public Library files, and personal knowledge.- Cathy Schwarz, May, 1999