|OWNERS:||ADDITION: Evergreen LOT: #2 Block 1||DATE: c1940 Style/Period: Cottage|
|BUILDER: unknown||CONSTRUCTED OF: Frame; composition roof; 4x4 windows||DESCRIPTION: One story frame house with an uncovered entry porch extending across one-half of the front. The siding is painted shingles.|
HISTORY: Surveyor, Frank Nowlin, surveyed and made a plat of the Evergreen Subdivision for Albert Vogt on May 27, 1926. There were four lots on each side of a central parkway which included a driveway and a green zone. the plat shows a sidewalk along the front of each lot, but these walks were never added. Records indicate Lot 2, Block 1 was sold to A.B. Vogt by the original subdivider.
It is possible the house was built by A. B. Vogt's and they lived in it while they built the house next door. Years later the house was owned by Charlene and Walter Ehlers in the 1950's. Ehlers was the Resident Engineer with the Texas Highway Department. The latest owners are Thomas and Barbara Phillip.
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Building Index