Vogt Building - Gilliat/Gray Buildings - Carstanjen Buildinggilliatgray
GILLIAT-GRAY BUILDINGS
106-136 S. Main
Library File #45 - #45.4
ID# 19896 ORIGINAL USE: Commercial PRESENT USE: Commercial CURRENT OWNER: Boerne Land and Cattle Co.
OWNERS: Alfred Gilliat; Alfred Gray and heirs LOCATION: Original Town Lots: #64, 65, 66 DATE: c1910 Style/Period: CommercialHISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO
BUILDER: Gilliat CONSTRUCTED OF: Rock; flat roof; store windows CONDITION: Fair DESCRIPTION: A row of 7 buildings on west side of 100 Block of S. Main Street developed by Alfred Gilliat in 1910. .

HISTORY: The buildings are leased to businesses which change frequently. The building at 112 S. Main was occupied in the 1950's by the Elite Cafe, owned and operated by Mr. & Mrs. Jackson Schmidt, Sr.. Next door was a "five & dime store"; at first Frank's Variety, then Winn's, and still later Bill's Dollar Store. Rittimann's Jewelers occupied 126 S. Main and was followed by the Optometrist, Dr. Mineer. After Dr. Mineer's untimely death in 1997, Dr. Stan Kremp, an optometrist from Kerrville followed. A short time later he sold this part of his practice to Dr. Joseph Arieta. The Boerne Star, published and printed by the Gammon and Jack Davis families, occupied 132 S. Main for many years. They were followed by the Boerne Printing Company in the 1980's. The building at 136 S. Main has been almost continuously occupied by auto supply businesses.

Source: Boerne Public Library files.

Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page