|ID# none||ORIGINAL USE: Home/Garage||PRESENT USE: Gone||CURRENT OWNER: Gone - HEB on property now|
|OWNERS: Henry J. Graham||DATE: 1920 Style/Period: Castle||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO|
|BUILDER:Graham||CONSTRUCTED OF: Rock; flat roof; small windows; garage sized doors.||CONDITION: Gone||DESCRIPTION: Two story, rock building; at each end of one wall was a turret-like tower giving the building a look of a castle.|
This building was located on a large plot of land at the end of
Bess Street which, if the building were still there, would lie north of the HEB
store and east of the Baptist Church.
The owner of this building was Henry J. Graham, the son of Joseph Graham. [Joseph Graham was appointed by Abraham Lincoln to be Consul Representative to Argentina.] The house held mementos of the family. There were framed official papers signed by A. Lincoln. Many cabinets filled with mementos. Since nothing was done to save the papers, the empty house was exposed to vandals and souvenier hunters who carried it all off.
The building was torn down eventually.
Please press the BACK Button of your Browser to Return to Home Page