hospital

DIAMOND HOSPITAL
421 S. Main, Boerne
Library File #82.1
ID #23081 ORIGINAL USE: Residence PRESENT USE: Storage CURRENT OWNER: Paula Hayward
OWNERS: Possibly Vogt; Dr. Diamond LOCATION: Town Lot LOTS: #29 DATE: c1890 Style/Period: HISTORIC DESIGNATION: NO
BUILDER: unknown CONSTRUCTED OF: Rock; metal roof; CONDITION: Poor DESCRIPTION: One story, rock building; built as a residence.

HISTORY: This building was built initially as a residence in approximately 1890. It was later used as a general store with a barbershop occupying one side. Then it served for a time as a clinic building for Dr. Nooe and later for a Dr. Griggs. Dr. Jack R. Diamond acquired the building in 1949 and converted it to a hospital. The hospital was licensed by the State Health Department for 12 beds.

After the hospital closed in 1954 the building has been used as an antique business and a residence.

Source: Boerne Public Library files.- May, 1999