|ID# 21629||ORIGINAL USE: Home||PRESENT USE: Home||CURRENT OWNER: Hovey Estate to Cynthia Brown|
|OWNERS: Ernst Bonnet, Max Richter, Paul, Rudolph & Marion Toepperwein, Kenneth Hovey.||LOCATION: Dietert Addition Lot: # 7||DATE: c1886 Style/Period: Bungalow||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: BHP|
|BUILDER: Ernst Bonnet||CONSTRUCTED OF: Rock/Wood; metal roof; 4x4 windows||CONDITION: Excellent||DESCRIPTION: One story bungalow; sloped roof; shingles on gables; entry porch added on west; east room wall with many windows, like a closed porch.|
HISTORY: Through tax records it was determined that this house was built in 1886, the year that the property was purchased by Ernst and Rose (Nemety) Bonnet. They had four children and lived in the house until 1907, when it was sold to Max Richter. The Richter's owned the house for twelve years. In 1919 the house was sold to Paul Toepperwein. It was inherited by his son, Rudolph, and later owned by Marion Toepperwein. The house remained in the Toepperwein family for seventy-two years until it was purchased in 1991 by Professor Kenneth Hovey. During the 1930's the house was enlarged on the west porch side and might even have changed the direction of the entrance. When Dr. Hovey purchased it, he restored the house inside and out and gave it the name, "Arnheim."
Source: Boerne Public Library files.- May, 1999
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Building Index