|picture courtesy of Garland Perry|
HISTORY: This building was one of the oldest and continuously operated stores in Texas. It was designed by the architect Alfred Giles and built for Peter Joseph Ingenhuett. The business was in the same family for five generations. The original store was opened in 1867 on the site where the Ingenhuett-Faust Hotel now stands. About 13 years later the new building was opened.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.