|ID# 22825||ORIGINAL USE: Home||PRESENT USE: Antique Store||CURRENT OWNER: Douglas Farmer|
|OWNERS: Staffel, Carstanjen, Seidemann, William Zoeller, Phil Musto||LOCATION:Graham Addition Lot#:#4||DATE: c1907 Style/Period:Victorian||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO|
|BUILDER: Ed Clemens||CONSTRUCTED OF: Wood/Frame Siding;||CONDITION: Good||DESCRIPTION: One story, Victorian, L-shaped with jig-jag bracketing on porch; turned columns; fish scale detailing gable.|
HISTORY: There are three houses built by Ed Clemens for Rudolph Carstanjen. They were all Victorian structures and the dates vary from the 1890s to 1907. Mr. Carstanjen planned the houses for his daughters but they married and moved away, never living in the houses. Other owners never lived in the house until it was sold to William Zoeller in 1916. The Zoeller family lived in the house until 1943. William Zoeller (1868-1929), son of Phillip Zoeller and Margaretha (Schneider) Zoeller, lived in Mexico in his younger years where he worked for the Mexican railroad. He later was Vice-Consolate with State Department in El Paso. He married Ottilie (Zoeller) Zoeller in 1912 and in 1916 they came to Boerne and started living in this house. After the Zoeller's sold the house it was used by the owners as rental property until Phil Musto and Evelyn Hardcastle purchased and used it for their Realty Offices.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page