NORRIS-BETTISON HOUSE
117 1st Street Boerne, TX
Library File #105.8
ID# 24876 ORIGINAL USE: Home PRESENT USE: Home CURRENT OWNER: Debra Liberton
OWNERS: Vernon Norris; Adolph Pechacek; Harvey Bettison LOCATION: Oak Park Addition, Block 2, Lot 4 DATE: Early 1930's Style/Period: Bungalow HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: BHP
BUILDER: Vernon Norris; Adolph Pechacek; Bettison CONSTRUCTED OF: Rock CONDITION: Excellent DESCRIPTION: Neat rock house with an arbor over the driveway.

HISTORY: This property was purchased in 1931 by Vernon Norris who built the rock house here. While he owned the house, Mr. Norris used it as a rent house until he sold it to Adolph and Crescentia Pechacek in 1943. The shed in the back became the wash house while they lived there. In 1945 the Pechacek's sold to Harvey and Martha Bettison who owned the house for over 50 years. The Bettison's built the garage in September 1947. In 2002 the house was sold to Debbie Liberton who began to repair the house and improve the grounds to her liking.

Source: Boerne Public Library files-2003.



Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page