RICHTER-OLD STAGE TRAIL SERVICE STATION
Corner S. Main @ Theissen, Boerne
Library File # 61.1
ID# ORIGINAL USE: Service Station PRESENT USE: Commercial CURRENT OWNER:
OWNERS: Harry Richter LOCATION: DATE: c1920's Style Auto Service StationHISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO
BUILDER: unknown CONSTRUCTED OF: windows CONDITION: Remodelled DESCRIPTION: There was a small enclosed room office with a roof extending across a much larger surface. The roof gave cover to the automobiles which drove up for service.

HISTORY: The service station on the northwest corner of S. Main and W. Theissen was owned and operated by Harry Richter, son of Max Richter, Sr. Pictures indicate that Humble gasoline was sold here in the 1950's and 60's. Humble later became Exxon and these companies owned distributorship, thus hiring managers and operators. The station was named O.S.T. (Old Stage Trail) presumably because it was located on the old statecoach trail.


Note: This building is located on property next to the building where August Staffel and his wife ran the post office when mail was delivered by stagecoach.

In the late twentieth century the building was remodelled by enclosing the entire area which had only been a covered driveway, thus allowing other types of businesses to occupy the space. There have been numerous shops and offices here since that time

Source: Boerne Public Library files.