|ID#||ORIGINAL USE: Boerne Public Library||PRESENT USE: Boerne Police Dept.||CURRENT OWNER: City of Boerne|
|OWNERS: City of Boerne||LOCATION: Original town Lot : #16||DATE: 1967 Style/Period:||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO|
|BUILDER: NA||CONSTRUCTED OF: Limestone; tin roof||DESCRIPTION: 2000 square foot building,||CONDITION: Excellent|
HISTORY:The Boerne Public Library was originally established by
the Boerne Grange in 1952. The first 400 books were donated by the area
residents then sorted and arranged by volunteers. The collection was housed
in a room next to the fire house on City property. The library remained in
this building until 1967. At that time this new 2000 square foot building,
financed by community donations with Grange help and a Library Services
Construction Act Grant, was built. In 1977, the City of Boerne took over the
operation from the Grange.
The Boerne Public Library later moved to the Dienger building. This building was occupied by the Boerne Police Department. As the City of Boerne grew the Police Department needed more space. The building was remodeled and enlarged to fit its present use in 1997.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page