|ID# 24879||ORIGINAL USE: Home||PRESENT USE: Home||CURRENT OWNER: Kay Kersh|
|OWNERS: McQuinn, Curington, Raab||LOCATION: Oak Park Addition: Lot #10||DATE: 1947 Style/Period: Bungalow||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: BHP|
|BUILDER: McQuinn||CONSTRUCTED OF: Wood; shingle roof; 6 x 6 windows||CONDITION: Excellent||DESCRIPTION: One story bungalow; front covered stoop; separate garage.|
HISTORY: Mac and Laverne McQuinn purchased this property from
the Pechacek's in 1947 and built this house. They lived here in five years,
until 1952 when the house was sold to J. S. and Lucy Curington. The Curington's
lived here until their deaths and the house became the property of their son,
Charles. You may recognize this as the name of the Charles Curington Elementary
School on Adler Road. Mr. Curington was the principal of the school for many
years after coaching the local high school teams for several years in the
The house was sold to Kyle and Carole Gish in 1994 after the death of Mr. Curington. Because of a job transfer, the Gish family sold again in less than a year to Flossie Mae Rabb. Mrs. Rabb was awarded the Historical Society Plaque for Renovation in 1997.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.