|OWNERS: Hugo Wendler, Jim Keeter||ADDITION: Dienger LOT:#1, #2||DATE: Late 1800 Style/Period:|
|BUILDER: unknown||CONSTRUCTED OF: Wood;||DESCRIPTION: Small, one story, wooden cottage attached to a renovated depot which was moved from Encinal, Texas. Accompanied by an authentic Paris Metro sign and a lovely restored antique clock, the building stands proudly on the bank of the Cibolo, looking North down Main Street.|
HISTORY: For many years a small wooden house stood on this land almost un-noticed. We know from a Texas Department of Transportation map dated 1932, that the land and late 1800's house were owned by Amalie Dietert Wendler, the daughter of Henry Dietert who married Hugo Wendler. The house was in the middle of the plotted Main Street for the construction of the new Cibolo Creek bridge. The house had to be moved back to where it stayed for over sixty years, facing East toward Main Street. Jim Keeter purchased the lot and house from Janet Ideal Theile of Houston. She inherited it from her aunt. Keeter turned the house around, facing South, joined it to the Depot and restored it along with the other building. The railroad depot which Jim Keeter and his wife saw on an abandoned parcel of land and wanted to move before it was completely destroyed by vandals, was from Encinal, Texas and it dates back to 1883. The old depot was in very poor shape and needed extensive renovations. It was carefully moved and restored. The restored house and depot building now houses a boutique, The Traditions, which is owned by Marilyn Hiester.
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page
Source: Boerne Public Library files.