Reinhard Building

Lang Building
REINHARD-LANG BUILDING
103-105 S. Main
ID# 19943 ORIGINAL USE: Grain Store PRESENT USE: Kendall Appraisal Office CURRENT OWNER: Maurice Lehmann
OWNERS: Charles Reinhard, Sr., Clark Lang LOCATION: Original Town Lot: #84 DATE: 1921 Style/Period: CommercialHISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO
BUILDERS: Charles Reinhard, Jr. CONSTRUCTED OF: Brick CONDITION: Gone-Replaced DESCRIPTION: One story commercial store replaced by a brick building

HISTORY: Built in 1921 by Charles Reinhard, Sr this building housed the Reinhard Grain Company. The grain, such as milo maize, was grown then harvested and sacked by the land owner then loaded on large truck which transported it to boxcars for shipment to the mills. In the 1950s Bill Reinhard was the owner-operator of this business.

In 1983 Clark Lang purchased the property and entirely rebuilt the Reinhard Building calling it Lang Professional Building. The lot behind the building was dedicated for parking.

To add more parking space an old rock building known as the Lavalee Building was demolished. [See Lavalee Building file.]

Source: Boerne Public Library files.