South of Cypress Creek off Hy#27
HISTORY: There are three buildings on this complex. The
first was a two room log cabin. Using trees growing on nearby Cypress
Creek, the log portion of this house was built in 1857 by Emil Serger a
master cabinet maker. He was soon joined by his friend, Paul Hanisch, a
pharmacist. Two rooms were added to house the first pharmacy in
Mr. Hanisch married and moved, then Mr. Serger married,
making a larger house a necessity. The two story "Sunday House" was built
between 1870 and 1885. The three parts were connected with hallways or
breezeways. There is a one story gallery across the front.
Mrs. J. C. Rice, interim owners, were commended by the San Antonio
Conservation Society for their restoration of the property. The next
owners were Mr and Mrs. John T. Steen. This house was designated a
Recorded Texas Historical Landmark in 1965.
Source: Boerne Public Library files .
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main