|ID# 26022||ORIGINAL USE: Home||PRESENT USE: Home||CURRENT OWNER: Boerne Chamber of Commerce|
|OWNERS: Ed Kuhfuss; Frank Schwarz; Joe & Annie Saunders.||LOCATION: Schertz Addition Lot: #147||DATE: c1895 Style/Period: Bungalow||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: BHP|
|BUILDER: Ed Kuhfuss||CONSTRUCTED OF: Wood frame; metal seam roof; 6x6 windows||CONDITION: Good||DESCRIPTION: Originally was a four room house with other rooms added later; stained glass window in front living room window; gingerbread on porch has been removed; bungalow type porch with rock pillars.|
HISTORY: This house was built in 1895 by Ed Kuhfuss. He was in
the Boerne Calvary and operated the Metropolitan Saloon on Main St.in Boerne.
For a short time the house was owned by Frank Schwarz who later made his home in
Pleasant Valley where he and his wife, Fredericka Lenz, had 14 children,
operated a cotton gin, and corn mill and wood saw on his farm.
The house was sold to Joe and Annie Schuetz Saunders in 1907. Joe Saunders served as Sheriff of Kendall County. Joe who died in 1930 operated with his wife an Army Surplus Store and confectionery shop where Ebner Drug Store and Saliano's were later located. Annie, the matriarch of this fine old home for 70 of her 104 years, died in 1978. Her daughter, Annie Jo Saunders Reynolds Brown lived here until her death in 1997. The house was sold by the Saunders family to David Ebner who restored the house to use for commercial rental. It was purchased in 2002 by the Boerne Chamber of Commerce.
Source: Boerne Public Library files. - December 2007.
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page