|ID # 18969||ORIGINAL USE: Home/Apartments||PRESENT USE: Guest House||CURRENT OWNER: Capt. Coleman Sims|
|OWNERS: A.S. Toepperwein, Boerne Land & Cattle Co.||LOCATION: No Addition Block: 900 Lot: #45||DATE:1903 Style/Period: Victorian||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: BP-Moved in 1979|
|BUILDER: A. S. Toepperwein||CONSTRUCTED OF: Wooden; shingle roof; 4 x 4 windows||CONDITION: Excellent||DESCRIPTION: The Victorian "L" style house was built by A. S. Toepperwein who was a famous master cabinet maker, furniture and toy designer and carpenter.|
HISTORY: After many years of serving as home to many families at its location at 109 W. San Antonio Street, it fell into disrepair. The owners The Boerne Land and Cattle Company donated the house to the Boerne Area Historical Preservation Society in 1979. The house was purchased by the Johns sisters, Josephine Sims and Elizabeth Simpson who moved it to its present location on School Street. Since then it has been completely restored by its owners and is an excellent example of what can be done to save a building condemned to destruction.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.