|ID # 23903||ORIGINAL USE: Home||PRESENT USE: Offices||CURRENT OWNER: William Schumpes|
|OWNERS:Krause, Poehnert, Calvert, Urban, Bell.||LOCATION: Krause LOT#:3||DATE: c1895 Style/Period: Victorian||HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: BHP|
|BUILDERS: unknown||CONSTRUCTED OF: Wood Frame||CONDITION: Good||DESCRIPTION: One story, U-shaped Victorian with gallery in central portion; shingle detailing in gable. Restored in 1980's.|
HISTORY: According to records this property was originally owned by Max F. & Adele Krause. It is not known when the house was built. In July 19, 1921 Louise Krause sold the property to Fred Monken who sold to Jake Babbitt Mar 30, 1923. Jake Babbitt sold to George and Adele Coryell. Adolf Werner was the next owner in 1933. Erich & Lizzie Poehnert purchased the house in Jan, 1942. They seem to have held the property until 1977. They sold to Gordon and Marsha Ammann in 1977. It then passed to Geoge Calvert 1980, to Michael Wind, then to Philip & Marilyn Bell 1982. The Bell's did extensive repair and remodeling. Since then the property has been owned by Stephen Haynes, 1985, and Carolyn Urban, 1996. Some of this time the house was a rent house. In the 1950's Ethel and Earl White had a small nursing home here.
Please Press your Browser's BACK Button to Return to Main Page